X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty cable

I pulled my cable back and low and behold no cutter. I think I forgot to tighten a screw ???? Oh boy did I play heck getting it back with my retriever. It really didn't take long about an hour and a half but it seemed like forever and I was wounder about busting concrete. I've used magnets to pull tools out with my camera although it didn't work for my cutting head. Go figure.

Re: Empty cable

What attachment method? the slidy kind with the set screws? the threaded stud? I use the threaded stud and one time failed to see that the machine was in reverse before I spun the bit off.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
      What attachment method? the slidy kind with the set screws? the threaded stud? I use the threaded stud and one time failed to see that the machine was in reverse before I spun the bit off.
      That sounds like them .slip joints they call them. The cutter had the screw turned all the way in but the screw on the cable was gone. one screw should hold it fine. I'll check it out tomorrow and see if I've got to much slop in the fit of the slip joint.

I really like general connections the best I might change over.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
        I really like general connections the best I might change over.
        You better order now so you can get them in the next 6 weeks or so.
        Who knows, you might even get the right parts on the first order.
        Good stuff, crappy customer service
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

gene is referring to general cables.

what model machine and cable wre you using?

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
            Mytana sells any kind of ends. I have a general machine works good if it would bring it's self to the c/o. I'm way to weak to get it in and out of basements.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
              http://www.plumbersurplus.com Show to have lots of General Parts in stock. Never ordered from there though.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                Mytana sells any kind of ends. I have a general machine works good if it would bring it's self to the c/o. I'm way to weak to get it in and out of basements.

k-60, k-60, k-60

rick.

p.s. you'll be a lot happier with my advise than joey was with your advise.

you know what i'm talking about

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  k-60, k-60, k-60

rick.

p.s. you'll be a lot happier with my advise than joey was with your advise.

you know what i'm talking about

rick.
                  I really did laugh out loud!!!!!! If my machine "Mytana" didn't work so good for me I would buy a K60. I just can't justify buying another machine when mine gets all the jobs done. I do get tired of that 130 lb. drum. Thats the main reason I'd like a K60. I've used a K50 a couple times one time was on a roof of a school. Boy was that nice.

I think I'm in a good area for a K60. Few outside cleanouts and mostly crappy unfinished basements. my mess would be cleaner then whats down there.

I figure if SlimTim and Dunbar can't change Joey's mind with their convincing aurguments. I know longer stand a chance........................but I won't give up

Comment

I got a K 60 from the first year they switched over from the one that looks like a suite case I have a suit case one too.The new one has the power but I have to clean it sometimes between jobs there were a few bugs they had to work out at lest I hope it was just bugs. Seems like the new ones must be better, a lot of guys seem to like them. Make me an offer on mine and it can be in your shop instead of my relic room along with my wooden push poles from the city drain cleaning department.

Comment

That was what always scared me about General cables. I once lost a fifty footer when the screw fell out. Luckily, I was able to go under the house (I was rodding through a closet bend) and open a cleanout and the cable was right there.

My new Super Vee has a fixed bulb on the 1/4" cable, but the same kind of screw on the 3/8" cable. I check it often.

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                        That was what always scared me about General cables. I once lost a fifty footer when the screw fell out. Luckily, I was able to go under the house (I was rodding through a closet bend) and open a cleanout and the cable was right there.

My new Super Vee has a fixed bulb on the 1/4" cable, but the same kind of screw on the 3/8" cable. I check it often.
                        Well Heck there goes my confidence in General connections. Although I did buy some screw that were longer then normal.

Comment

make sure that the lock washer is new. that's what will keep it tight.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                          X