1" 1/2" galvanized

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1" 1/2" galvanized

how do you guys correctly clean 1"1/2" galvanized lines? mainly kitchen sinks? what machine,cable,cutter? method?
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Re: 1" 1/2" galvanized

5/8 sectional with a 1" 4 bladed cutter. Don't bend the tip of the cable, rather have a bend in middle of the cable. This works like a vibra pulse where it makes the whole cable jump. IMO it's less invasive then the bend on the end of the cable. Don't forget about the possible damage clause due to existing materials.

Or just cut it out and replace with pvc.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Most of the time we replace em but some times I`ll use a 5/16 cable.
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I take a picture of it.If there are any blossoms on it I tell them to replace it because I know it has had a lot of drain cleaner poured down it. One that has never seen acid can still be like new. I use a 1/2" cable with a bent spring C cutter on it.

Comment

Cover everything, and cut it out!

Comment

Ya i have to agree, just replace the galvanized. I usually will use a 81 machine on the line to clear the block, then jet them.

Most of the galv. lines i see are so packed with grease a cable isnt going to do anything with them.
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Working...
            X