Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another bad galvanized kitchen line!

Originally posted by gusty60 View Post
    Sounds like you've run into some bad luck lately NIP. My boss and I had to dig up a sewer today that we couldn't snake. Had it cameraed and located to where the blockage was . Couldn't see it on the camera so we just started digging. We were adding a laundry to an existing line on a house built in the 1920's. This existing plumbing has had very little use in the last few years as it is a guest room. The power company replaced lines in this subdivision a couple of years ago according to the homeowner. What we found in the old 4 inch concrete pipe was the powerline conduit. It wasn't crossing the sewer but running right down it! I guess they thought it was a conduit conduit! Luckily our machine didn't break through it or we would have been knocked on our arse! Or worse. Will post pics when I get them.
    When I was contracting in Iraq. I saw a couple of Army guys running some wire in a sewage drain going from man hole to man hole. Me and my boss stopped and told them it was for sewage. They didn't seem to care and even if they were E1 privates they out ranked me. We just drove off. Aurgueing with the military was a good way to get fired. We worked for them!!!!

The lines were pulled out in a few days I think there boss may have not liked the choice of "conduit"

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
      When I was contracting in Iraq. I saw a couple of Army guys running some wire in a sewage drain going from man hole to man hole. Me and my boss stopped and told them it was for sewage. They didn't seem to care and even if they were E1 privates they out ranked me. We just drove off. Aurgueing with the military was a good way to get fired. We worked for them!!!!

The lines were pulled out in a few days I think there boss may have not liked the choice of "conduit"
      I've heard stories of guys who have to work in that military bureaucracy.
      Dumb as a bag of hammers but because they have a rank...
      Maybe I should have enlisted,maybe would have given me patience with people on the outside after having to deal with some of those idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        NIP's avatar is from the scene in Office Space where the copying machine gets theirs. Awsome movie, every time I watch it, I get demoralized and don't come to work for a couple days.
        One of my favorite movies that shows some truths.

A friend I went to high school with works for a company in Raleigh, N.C. at the "Research Triangle Park." He has a degree from UNC-CH. He "works" at a company that analyzes businesses and finds the best position for a business when it comes time to lay off alot of contracted or longterm employees.

He told me a couple of funny things that makes me think of Office Space.

1) He said his company isn't really doing anything. They send out everything to a university's school of business. Get it back, put their name on the front and voila'!

2) He cleaned his desk really well one day. Rumor began circulating that he was quitting. He got called in to the boss' office at the end of the day and was given a raise.

He did it again about 6 months later. Same rumor started. Got another raise.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          I've heard stories of guys who have to work in that military bureaucracy.
          Dumb as a bag of hammers but because they have a rank...
          Maybe I should have enlisted,maybe would have given me patience with people on the outside after having to deal with some of those idiots.
          I could tell you some stories. I'll tell you one, had guy driving a bulldozer when he saw a round thing on the ground. He stopped and reported it but his boss told him it was a manhole cover and ordered him to keep going. The kid refused and an arguement got heated. The kid's weapon was taken from him and our gunny walked by to see the commotion. The kid pointed out the "round thing" which our gunny reconized as an anti tank mine and everyone backed off. EOD got called in and blew it in place.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
          X