X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Area drain dirt packed , big time

1927 circa S.F. home. Alley way drive,drain in front of garage door apron. Second home Ive cleared in alley way. Vacuumed about 1 1/2 gts. dirt. Use super vee 3/8s" cable with flexible arrow,with water. Took 1 hr. same as 1st one. Hard to tell ,think trap is only 2". Owner Guessed it was blocked 40 Yrs. I'm a cub scout in this. Any suggestions,appreciated. Used k- 375 with 1/2" cable first. couldn't flex the trap, I think. No, don't have a jetter
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Area drain dirt packed , big time

How far can you get into the pipe? Is there a trap or is it just packed with dirt. Could the pipe be collapsed. Can you camera the line?

Comment

Think a blow bag would work?
      Could dig the trap up but I'm guessing the HO doesn't what to invest any real expense if they have lived with it for 40yrs.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Thanks' I did clear both drains . Yes traps in both C.I. 1927 circa. Surprised It took an hour each. Is this My inexperience ? Should I done something more efficient? Thanks Tool
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

tool, this being an area drain, does it drain to the street?

can you snake from the curb back?

out here we run into lots of area drains that are done in cheap styrene pipe and fittings snake has a hard time making turns in the tight turn 90's and joints are not glued. root city

adam knows first hand what i'm talking about

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            Thanks' I did clear both drains . Yes traps in both C.I. 1927 circa. Surprised It took an hour each. Is this My inexperience ? Should I done something more efficient? Thanks Tool
            You got the job done which is all that matters in the end. I don't think an hour is an unreasonable amount on time each. A small jet would have saved you some time.

Comment

The area drain runs under garage slab to house lateral.

Comment

Working...
              X