new machines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new machines

bill that bucket was a 6 gallon bucket and not the standard 5 gallon one.

even though we stayed clean and dry

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      Rick was showing me the 'bucket trick' with the K-50 when we were at Josh's parents house snaking a drain. Wasn't working for me. Maybe we were just out of rhythm. Maybe I'm just lame. Rick said the bucket was too tall?

Doesn't matter to me now. The bones of the K-50 are in the landfill.

R.I.P. Suzy

That's what I was curious about,

Did this guy when he cabled the toilet, did he put the K-50 on the bucket to get it over the rim, and did he put something over the toilet or a pipe to protect it from damage?

As I've experienced so many times before, you feed all that cable in by hand, not by the machine, push till you can't get any farther and THEN use the machine to get around the tight spot, then add more cable till you hit the obstruction, then use the machine to open it up.

Sounds like I've used a sectional maaaaaaaaaaaaaaany times, and I left out the fact that normally you have to pull all that cable back out by hand, unsnapping those cables one by one. If it's a nasty drain, that recovery is horrible between the smells and muck coming back.

That's even running hot water down the drains to help. Hold on I'm going to go puke, repressed memories are coming back and I've been told to take pills for these moments that have scarred me forever.

Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

dunbar, superplumber isnt used to the smell and slop of a nasty drain, as he clearly has stated-----amazing that he is older than me and never has seen a drain with muck in it---must be one of those guys that leaves the cable in the drain!!!!!!! thats the only way i figure he does it if every line is sooooooo clean------if all your drains are that clean, why are you snaking them???? brand new construction??????storm sewer????/

this thread was not started so i could read rick cry about how hes better than me, i want to know whats effective for you guys----

merry christmas

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
          I can see where the K-50 would be great for smaller drains, especially with the drum attachment. I use the General Super Vee for my smaller 1/4" and 3/8" cables and that's for tubs and basins.
          I had the power vee and found it to be a very clean and easy machine to use. Auto feed works well. Too bad mine got stolen last month.
          West Trail Mechanical Ltd
          Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Ah yes I'm bad for thread drift, I apologize.

I'm a spartan drummer so you said you're sticking with Ridgid so I'd go with their drum machine equipment. I know they make good ones, I just wasn't brought up on their equipment when I got into drain cleaning hot and heavy.

From the way they sound I like how their geared. Those air switches though I'd be upset about. I used my 81 3 times this week and even though it is heavy (probably the same weight as the K-60), I enjoyed how well it works on clearing the drains for the task at hand.

I always do really nasty kitchen sink drains for some reason. Cable never comes back clean. Most kitchen drains I'm hitting lately are center outlets and you can't go top down on those, cleaning the cable with water as you return.

Comment

Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
              I had the power vee and found it to be a very clean and easy machine to use. Auto feed works well. Too bad mine got stolen last month.

How and where did that happen? There was somebody else on here had the same thing happen.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                dunbar, superplumber isnt used to the smell and slop of a nasty drain, as he clearly has stated-----amazing that he is older than me and never has seen a drain with muck in it---must be one of those guys that leaves the cable in the drain!!!!!!! thats the only way i figure he does it if every line is sooooooo clean------if all your drains are that clean, why are you snaking them???? brand new construction??????storm sewer????/

this thread was not started so i could read rick cry about how hes better than me, i want to know whats effective for you guys----

merry christmas
                We are going to have a great time when I come to Ohio.Things are always so different when you get to have the opportunity to chat with someone face to face.

Comment

sounds like fun

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post

merry christmas

the only one crying is you. same reason why you're crying because i wouldn't sell you any of my brand new equipment. why would i sell you brand new stuff cheaper than anyone else and you're miles from ridgid

seeing that you've never met me and have never seen my qualifications, awards and education, i rather doubt that you could even come close to what i've accomplished in the classroom and in the field.

seems that your the one crying that you can't match what i've done. i know you don't want to gamble at the next roundup as sight unseen i'll whop you in every heads up challenge. there's no doubt about that.

i'm already signed up, no excuses for not showing up.

rick.

what photos have you ever posted of your work
                    phoebe it is

Comment

This is why I don't think I want to go to the RoundUp.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        This is why I don't think I want to go to the RoundUp.

J.C.

WHAT???!!!!

This would be every reason TO go to the roundup. I'm still trying to find out if this is going on labor day weekend or not.

I was wishing this was even later, like october.

I'm trying to heavily schedule my fan biz next year well in advance and short of me being transported by telepod to the roudup, I need alternative scheduling right now.

Time for beef ravioli while I ponder my thoughts...

Comment

It is the Thursday after Labor Day.
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post

Time for beef ravioli while I ponder my thoughts...
                            AHH.... Beef Ravioli. Unheated and straight out of the can right?
                            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                              AHH.... Beef Ravioli. Unheated and straight out of the can right?

Nope, haven't graduated to that level. If it wasn't 4 degrees above zero, I could handle room temperature ravioli.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                                It is the Thursday after Labor Day.

Awwwesome! That means I could actually bring the big truck up since

it's pretty warm around that time of the year.

This year it was in the 90's around that time.

Too many events land on labor day weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X