Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one that got away...

Property manager friend calls me to one of his houses

New renter family with 4 small kids been in the house for about 2 months.

Whole house stoppage but main is clear??.hmmmmm

Both toilets are blocked.... Tub and sinks flowing fine in first bath so run a 6' closet auger in toilet and pop a soft stoppage...

Next bathroom is complete blockage sinks, tub, toilet so blockage is in the 3" cast between the baths...

Pull the toilet and start working... I try grabbing, I try cutting, I used every retriever (pigtail and funnel) and cutter ( 1.5-3" 2 blades) I had, it felt like I was snaking through cold honey

I did manage to get back pieces of red nylon fabric / thread...

Jr. flushed something interesting down the stool, of course the parents have no idea and the toilet has not worked since they moved in

Without a camera after 4 hours of trying to pull it or push it I believe I'm at the point that I can do no more for my customer and will have to try to farm the job out...

I HATE IT WHEN A DRAIN GETS THE BETTER OF ME because I'm lacking a key piece of equipment

Okie

Re: The one that got away...

Did you try a blow bag?
    When all else has failed and as a last resort I have had good luck with them.
    You are right about the camera though. I have never done drain cleaning without one. I don't always use it but I have it if I need it.
    It has proved me right, and wrong, many times.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
      I'm lacking a key piece of equipment

Okie
      Yep a K-7500
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Usually if it made it through the toilet trap it will go to the main

Cold honey ....ok I get it

I too hate walking away defeated

Go hit it again tomorrow. You'll prolly knock it out in 10 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
          Property manager friend calls me to one of his houses

New renter family with 4 small kids been in the house for about 2 months.

Whole house stoppage but main is clear??.hmmmmm

Both toilets are blocked.... Tub and sinks flowing fine in first bath so run a 6' closet auger in toilet and pop a soft stoppage...

Next bathroom is complete blockage sinks, tub, toilet so blockage is in the 3" cast between the baths...

Pull the toilet and start working... I try grabbing, I try cutting, I used every retriever (pigtail and funnel) and cutter ( 1.5-3" 2 blades) I had, it felt like I was snaking through cold honey

I did manage to get back pieces of red nylon fabric / thread...

Jr. flushed something interesting down the stool, of course the parents have no idea and the toilet has not worked since they moved in

Without a camera after 4 hours of trying to pull it or push it I believe I'm at the point that I can do no more for my customer and will have to try to farm the job out...

I HATE IT WHEN A DRAIN GETS THE BETTER OF ME because I'm lacking a key piece of equipment

Okie
          7/8 cable ,bent at end should uncog this.Ask Plumber Rick ,He is aslo a k-60 man. Goodby and good luck.
          Kenneth Collier
          Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
          Jackson, MS 39206
          (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
          drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

I'm thinking soft pack
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I have never used a blow bag...hmmmm

I don't think my machine choice makes a difference on this one but I have been wrong before...

I may get another shot at it this week ( Owner is pissed at tenant so is letting them live with one bathroom for a while)

This is just one of those stoppages that I gotta hit just right to pop it, I guess I just keep screwing through it but it will not dislodge..

Okie

Comment

Those blow up sacks work real good, you can even cable a drain while one is in the same pipe, puts hydropressure on the line.

Great for toilet paper clogs that close up as fast as you go through them.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                X