X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recession!!!!!!

Hey guys i would like to know if the recession were in has effected your business as drain cleaning calls go? I'm wondering if people are trying to save money and try doing it themselves?

Re: recession!!!!!!

yes and no.
    One drain cleaner here in town went out of business so I picked up more work
    Another one is sick and about to die so I picked up more work
    Rotor Rooter just sucks and I always get his come backs
    The DIY`s will always be there and I do charge em more if the tell me they tried to do it them self. I figure they will try it again next year and so on.
    I have heard of more people trying to do it on their own but that could be because of the extra work load that had been placed on me.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I have slowed down a bit. Not getting any "I know I have roots so I'd like to snake it before it backs up" calls.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

We used to get calls for slow drains now it seems the only drain calls we get are complete stoppages.

People will live with a slow tub drain for a long time but when it still full of yesterdays scummy water they finally take action. Unfortunately, their first action is to use a product they have seen on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
          yes and no.

Rotor Rooter just sucks and I always get his come backs
          ANY chance you would share some of those stories with me?
          Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
          New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

I haven't noticed any difference. A clogged drain needs attention regardless of what the economy is doing. People cut back on luxuries during recessions, they don't cut back on using the toilet!!!
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

One customer was ready to go on $180,000 worth of work,not anymore! May happen in March ,they say. Suppose to get signature on $231,000. It was $330,000 before,and We
              made changes . It ain't going to get better for a long while, I feel. We do every small job that comes along,these days
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Yea we don't get a call till it's running out the door. The DIYS will rent a machine and get a small hole in it. Or bye pass it to another drain the clogs we get you can tell have been stopped up for a year or two. And those we do get we have problems getting the money for. Most times I have to raise my rates it is because they don't pay. Collection agencies are a joke taking them to court don't guarantee you will get paid just that you will lose a Days work.

Comment

use some more exclamation marks in your thread titles!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Re: recession!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                    use some more exclamation marks in your thread titles!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

I ran out!
                    !
                    Last edited by toolaholic; 12-20-2008, 11:28 PM. Reason: FOUND 1 MORE
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                      ANY chance you would share some of those stories with me?
                      I just got back from my oldest kids house. Her landlord used Rotor Rooter They were out friday and said they cleared the sewer "NOT"
                      I went out tonight and ran 25` and found out she is on a septic system...ROTFLMAO
                      Cant clear a full tank with a cable
                      We called the landlord and asked her if the house was on a septic system and her reply was "ummmmmm not sure why".
                      I looked at the water bill and there was no sewer charge on it so I knew it was on septic and told the landlord she need it pumped
                      She`s gonna call em back ....
                      The landlord was gonna charge my kid for the cleaning from friday because Roto Rooter said it was white mice
                      You just cant fix STUPID!
                      Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-20-2008, 11:59 PM.
                      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

And DAD saves the day
                        Merry Christmas daughter, thats all you get

Friggin Roto Rooter I'm speechless
                        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

SO ALL CLEAR:
                          WHY DID'NT YOU DIG UP THE TANK LID AND POP
                          THE LID OPEN ? ?

I LEARNED EARLY ON THAT THAT TANK HAS TO BE LOWER THEN INSIDE THE HOUSE,
                          AND IF YOU DID THAT SHE WOULD HAVE SOME RELIEF INSIDE THE HOUSE TO AT LEAST FLUSH THE TOILET AND WASH THEIR HANDS AND OR DISH'S
                          JERRYMAC
                          E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                          CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                          FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                          SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

I just got back from my oldest kids house. Her landlord used Rotor Rooter They were out friday and said they cleared the sewer "NOT"
                            I went out tonight and ran 25` and found out she is on a septic system...ROTFLMAO
                            We called the landlord and asked her if the house was on a septic system and her reply was "ummmmmm not sure why".
                            I looked at the water bill and there was no sewer charge on it so I knew it was on septic and told the landlord she need it pumped
                            The landlord was gonna charge my kid for the cleaning from friday because Roto Rooter said it was white mice
                            I love Roto Rooter stories and just to back you up

Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                            New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Was it a walk out basement or on slab?

Comment

Working...
                              X