• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K50?

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
    OMG

Hey Rick
    I bet my dog is bigger and meaner then yours

If you machines are so clean then you must not use em much.
    I`d like to see you keep your K-60 clean clearing something like this

BTW ....I have seen your k-60 and it dosent look so nice

Heres your K-50 and looks like a mess on the flooring to me
    allclear, in case you didn't read the name of the thread this photo is from. and the oscar goes to.

the owner of this house is an academy award winning producer.

he can afford gold specs in his granite flooring in a 10 million dollar house above the coast line.

if you look at the rubber pad, you can see very little clean water that dripped from this amazing recovery.

while you're busy hosing and cleaning the inside of your drum and cables, my k-60 is clean before it even ends up in the truck. all it takes is a garden hose to an open cage. less than 30 seconds from muck to perfectly clean. no waste water sitting in a drum

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

"gold specs" is one thing but I see a lot of sewage on the floor.
      If I was on the office computer I would high light it but on this computer I dont have a program to do so.
      You can BS who ever you want, but Rick I do this work all week long and I know what goes on when doing this kind of work. I dont care if you were working for God, Thats sewage on the flooring
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        I think Ace uses an AR small electric jetter. Can be hand carried. About the size of a good tankless compressor. Could carry it in one hand. I found it one time Googling around. You should be able to find it.

Good luck.

J.C.
        I found this one on e-bay http://cgi.ebay.com/Electric-Sewer-C...3%3A1|294%3A50
        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Pretty sure that's close to being it.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

if you look at the rubber pad, you can see very little clean water that dripped from this amazing recovery.

while you're busy hosing and cleaning the inside of your drum and cables, my k-60 is clean before it even ends up in the truck. all it takes is a garden hose to an open cage. less than 30 seconds from muck to perfectly clean. no waste water sitting in a drum

rick.

Now now rick, there's no reason to lie.

I've never had to clean my drums, ever. I "should" though but I'm lazy, and I mimize the smells because I always run water like everyone is supposed to on the return so the cable comes back clean into the drum.

The drum has a drilled hole in the drum to drain any water that does go into it, and this makes one job to the next a clean move.

30 seconds to clean cables is bullshit, plain and simple and that's not the norm on drain cleaning. I do get my share of clear water clogs but the NORM is the nasty ones that have years of buildup.

You can't blow this past me when you write this because I've been there on the guy carrying cages of cables and the sectional machine.

One thing I'll mentioned in using sectionals is that cleanup is a pain in the *** because not only do you have one area that is a potentially harmful mess,

but when you use the customer's hoses or your own, and you either take those cables to an area drain or take it to the rolled curb in the street,

You've now created another potential bad situation for the general public spraying off the muck and nastiness of the cables. Even on my drum machines, there are times that running water on the return doesn't clean them, and that's when I take a jetter and spray the cables back at the house, but it's rare and thank goodness.

More often than not, my cables on the smaller drain calls are usually black, old sewage. You're throwing a reverse image of pictures with all clean cables because that's not what drain cleaning is about.

Nothing wrong with salesmanship, just put it out there where it's what it really is,

that way you won't have to defend and answer to these kinds of questions. Please do not insult me with saying it takes 30 seconds to clean cables, especially sectionals that have by far more ways to catch the nasties.

I truly despised the methods I had to take to protect the jobsite, clear the drain and then PRAY it WAS a clear water clog, soft obstruction so I didn't lose so much time on the cleanup. There were times where I wasn't allowed to clean up my cables at a floor drain or edge of the street.

Having kids and people walking through where you just washed off the equipment always made me wonder if I was doing harm in allowing germ transfer that much easier, all because I didn't want to smell my hard earnings reeking through the truck the rest of the day.

If you can't video you using a sectional, I can. I can rent a K-60 and do exactly what I've stated for the record many years before, and show you how a great number of drain clogs are down right nasty.

I still recall the light brown poop that used to stick to my sectional cables that I'd take the hose and spray, trying as hard as I could to get it come off, leaving poop all over the driveway or road. Nasty. Sometimes rubbing it off with gloved hands worked better. Brown Poop Chronicles by Jack Handey.

This will cause me great harm, some counseling and sore arms, but I'll do it just for you my clear water friend.
            Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 12-28-2008, 12:47 AM.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              Pretty sure that's close to being it.

J.C.
              Geeeez, you guys are gonna break me! Never seen so many tools for one trade! There's a new tool every freaking day on this board!
              spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

you guys really need to try a sectional. when the cable spins at 625rpm's, there's not much of anything but some roots that stick. when i clear the drain and am running water as i sping the cable out, they come back, very clean and almost dry.

i know it's hard for you to understand as a drum cable is tight wind and the rpm is under 200.

seeing that i'm the one that owns multiples of both, i have the real first hand and not the hearsay.

allclear, i suggest you blow up the photo and see what big money buys.

amazing that you think it's sewage as the drain was never plugged. it was just a slow drain as it had a strainer inside of it.

but then again you know all this because you were there and i'm off in la la land.

do you really think i would post a mess inside of this guys house.

explain the clean, relatively dry blue mat? sewage all over the floor, yet the mat is clean and pretty dry

you'll learn to stay clean when you work for the rich and famous.

actually it doesn't matter if they're rich and famous, i stay clean and so does the job site.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

just so you can see what the rest of the floor also looks like just after i cleared the line.

this is the hallway in the basement level to his laundry room.

you could only imagine what the rest of the house looks like.

i guess the shine is the sewage reflecting off the gold specks

keep dreaming allclear, it's as close as you'll ever get to these jobs.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I sold my electric jetter on ebay for doing sink lines because it would trip some breakers that I would not have access to in apartment buildings (old buildings)
                    And now use a little gas unit outside with pressure hose going from the unit to my little jetter hand carry reel. I only use it when snake can't get the line to flow well, the snake punches the hole to get it draining then jet the kitchen line clean. Specs are 2.1 GPM 2000 psi with 1/8 line with special nozzles from Aqua Mole
                    Last edited by Cuda; 12-28-2008, 12:21 PM. Reason: named nozzle maker
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

rick.
                      I`ll keep dreaming Guess that house by my name is just some old stick house

That door to the laundry room looks like a trailer house door to me

You just keep I know there are a few that believe your every word, I`m just not one of em as I do more sewers a day then you and I know what goes on no matter what machine you use

I`ll be at the shop later and we`ll see
                      Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-28-2008, 12:43 PM.
                      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

just so you can see what the rest of the floor also looks like just after i cleared the line.

this is the hallway in the basement level to his laundry room.

you could only imagine what the rest of the house looks like.

i guess the shine is the sewage reflecting off the gold specks

rick.
                        I've never used a sectional so this is probably a stupid question. Has that cable ever sprung out of that 5 gallon bucket? Do you use a sectional to clear kitchen drains from under the sink? Do you have to pull them out manually? Are they not full of sludge since they are open wound?
                        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

I catch the debris with a rag. The machine itself sits on the floor in front of the cabinet, so caution must be used when spinning!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                            I sold my electric jetter on ebay for doing sink lines because it would trip some breakers that I would not have access to in apartment buildings (old buildings)
                            And now use a little gas unit outside with pressure hose going from the unit to my little jetter hand carry reel. I only use it when snake can't get the line to flow well, the snake punches the hole to get it draining then jet the kitchen line clean. Specs are 2.1 GPM 2000 psi with 1/8 line with special nozzles from Aqua Mole
                            Is this gas unit on a trailer? Why not use only the jetter? Too much water coming out of the line? I like the idea a gas unit. You can charge more when you make more NOISE! The customer's perception is 'big equipment, must be a big job'.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                              I`ll keep dreaming Guess that house by my name is just some old stick house
                              lets see, kansas or pacific palisades overlooking the entire coast line.
                              my moneys on the palisades

That door to the laundry room looks like a trailer house door to me

i guess it's a 10 millon dollar trailer. i'll be there tomorrow and show you what an all glass garage door looks like.

You just keep I know there are a few that believe your every word, I`m just not one of em as I do more sewers a day then you and I know what goes on no matter what machine you use

what you seem to forget is that i'm licensed to do all plumbing. not just drain cleaning. so although i do 75% of my work in the drain related field, i also do some very exotic plumbing too. but i'm sure after 33 years of plumbing i've got just as much drain cleaning under my belt. next you'll try to convice me that you do as much jetting as me.

I`ll be at the shop later and we`ll see
                              i'll be at this house tomorrow and show you some money shots. infact i'll try to turn the camera towards kansas and take a picture

have fun at your shop, photo shopping my pictures. we all know you're good at stretching the truth.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                                I've never used a sectional so this is probably a stupid question. Has that cable ever sprung out of that 5 gallon bucket? Do you use a sectional to clear kitchen drains from under the sink? Do you have to pull them out manually? Are they not full of sludge since they are open wound?
                                the cable is very flexible and it's easy to control it in the bucket. if i need to put a tray under the sink trap arm, i just use a $3.00 buss boy tray. these also work good for the machine and extra cables. the cable are 7.5' long and fit and flex real easy into the tray or 5 gallon bucket.

i find that the sectional does a better job than a drum cable. the 5/8'' cable is larger and acts as an auger compared to a smaller tighter wind cable. the cable can come back dirty if you can't induce water to help wash it.

once again i'll either look for an outside wall c/o or the roof vent. if i have to use the sink cabinet, then it's never fun. you spend more time removing years of cleaners, soaps and bags. then you have to remove the rotting trap and hope that the nipple is not rotted too. a kitchen sink is always the worst stoppage to deal with. give me a whole house stoppage anytime

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X