X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K50?

No Rick I would say I only have a few hundred hours jetting as I`ve only had mine a short time. I`ve used it a lot but not as much as you have said you used yours.

Now as far as "kansas or pacific palisades overlooking the entire coast line"
    My bad, I forgot that all the rich people live on the west coast

I find it funny when someone is turned on by someone thats rich or on TV...:killingme
    When I was racing monster trucks I always told my crew and the fans we are no different then anyone, We put our pants on one leg at a time!
    I get people walking in my shop all the time gocking over our collection of racing machines. They find it strange that I dont act stuck up, I tell em I`m no different then them just because I have stuff most people only dream of.

All glass garage door`s are out dated here they went out in the 80`s

As far as the pictures they wont be photoshoped, just gonna put a few pointers on to show you the gray sewage on the flooring Rick I do this work every day, you cant BS me
    Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-29-2008, 01:18 AM.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

amazing that you think you know more about this job and this house from 2000 miles away. shoot you probably even know the person

maybe you did see it in the movies

come to think of it, i did see yours in the wizard of oz

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Play nice boys.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          come to think of it, i did see yours in the wizard of oz

rick.
          I dont think so
          I live in this little house

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            Play nice boys.

Mark
            You Buz kill

Comment

Comment

Awe man,

10 million dollar floor, destroyed.

Personally, If I had a home that elegant, the last thing I'd want in my home is a machine that has the cables exposed, making me wonder "where has that machine last been?"

But if you're working dirt cheap then you'll look the other way figuring it beats the alternative.

If I could operate my equipment without ever seeing the cable, I'd do it. I'm sure I could make up piping setups to do so, no biggie but I don't see the necessity if you keep it close to the opening.

I would rather see one of those power-vee's or handheld drill jobbies before a device brought in pieces in order to operate/clean a drain.

I've been in this exact situation, and the customer is freaking out, or you're trying to console them that "everything will be okay!" because you're forcing logic on something that shouldn't even be a consideration for the customer in the first place.

The work, just to make a second pass is disturbing, and if that line is heavily ladened with buildup, there's no spinning that with water running through it...

fixture is disconnected.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Well this is quiet a fight I think you both make good points, I used a sectional for the first 25 years and for the last 15 I have used a drum. I use a washer water hose with one end cut off and an adapter so I can hook it up to the sink the small hose can fit in with the cable in a 1 1/2" line so I keep running water as I drill. I spend more time putting plastic on the cabinets and everything then drilling sometimes, If they use drain cleaner or bleach to try to open the line that goo wont come off with running water on a drum or a sectional. If I see that start to come out I stop put the cable back in and put soap in and let it run with the water running. If that don't take it off I pull the cable out and clean it at the shop it is time lost but I carry enough cable I can use deferent cables till I get to the shop. If I work in mud I wrap plastic around the wheels and tape it on then take it off when I put it back in the van. As for working in the rich peoples house where they have white carpet every where. I get someone to help lay down plastic from where I come In to where I am going to work and all the walls before I get there.They did get a bit nerves when I brought in a sectional so I use a drum on those now. And put plastic or card board on each side as that 7500 will splash water out of the drum sometimes when I bring it out. In a line full of mush I will put a few sections of 1 1/4" cable on the 7500's 3/4" cable to act as an auger to move the mush. Trying to clean a machine when you got more calls then you can do in a day. I try to get the bad ones last if I know there going to be bad like if it in the middle of a cow lot where I have to go through a 100' of cow manure to get to the drain and set up in the manure, or a hog house. That don't always work after you get done with it. In comes an emergency call from a hospital or something. That is when I pull out the machine I didn't use. So if drain cleaning is all you do, it makes since to have 2 main line machines. So why not carry a drum and a sectional carry 2 sec. and 3 drums and a water jet plus all the toilet augers plungers pumps and all that good stuff in a 3/4 cargo van.

Comment

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
                    Well this is quiet a fight I think you both make good points, I used a sectional for the first 25 years and for the last 15 I have used a drum.

With age, comes wisdom, because what you do day to day affects the body and how you manage.

The fact that rick ran drums all those years beforehand gave him the energy he needs today to operate the sectional.

I follow the ritual you are doing, did sectional and now drum. Never once, ever, iotta have I found myself in any position where I've been stuck where I couldn't operate the equipment without saying " Awe damn I wish I had a sectional."

It's never happened. What's great that is IF I can't get my equipment where it needs to be, close to a drain opening, pipe it. You have more control at that point and makes life real easy.

Coming from someone with a bad back that would rather move something on wheels, rolling that weight than carrying it, with the exception of steps.

I'll take anything that makes a difference in my life at this point that's going to accomplish the task at hand and quit breaking my body down, more than it already has.

Constantly pulling cables out by hand, sectioning them together is laborious, not including the nastiness you get to experience along the way. There are just some things I don't want to deal with anymore, and drums did that for me.

Wouldn't you think that IF this was such a great concept, wouldn't drum machines be extinct?

I'd say only RIDGID knows the sales numbers to answer those questions, but I know one thing is for damn sure,

"I paid my dues already!"

And I also know that if I was trained on ridgid drum machines, I would of purchased them from ridgid because of the quality standard.

I don't care what anyone uses in their line of equipment, just don't distort the truth to make your case. I see that being the reason for most of the debates on this site as it's obvious. Some of us are just too experienced in the profession to not sit and ignore what reality is.

Somebody's gonna pay me to operate a sectional again, taking video and all that. Somebody is gonna pay I say!
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I got trained on the city's gas powered Chicago with 20' 1" tight wound cables for indoor drains and rods for out side. You had to have every window open in the basement. It sure made your eyes and lungs burn but the city opened HO lines as there was no one else around. When we got our first electric machine we had a choice electric eel sec. or clean right drum. My dad liked the clean right but with the attached work light and mobile phone It cost to much so we had to go with the eel. They were the only two that sent there sales men around here I never seen a Ridgid for the first 10 years we were in business, boy in those days if you got stuck You dug the line out by hand 8 FT. deep. A steam shovel was too expensive and to big to get in a yard it was about 15 years before they got a backhoe around here, man them things were nice. I do wish them clean rights would have been cheaper. Them old phones that they had on them was only good around town. but the light would have been nice

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                        i'm glad you took out the super computer to spot some dry spots on the granite floor. did you ever think that the reason they called me was because they had a stoppage. a stoppage that spilled water down the hallway. and the best you can find is a dry mark on the floor

boy i guess the house keeper missed her mark.

oh and i guess you would not even sweat when you work.

yep i destroyed his floor with a drop of dry

i guess he should have never called me out today to snake out his screening room with the expensive flooring and cabinets. that got destroyed too. but what the heck, he can afford to rip up the floors and replace them brand new again.

i've seen what a mess is. unfortunately all you post is outside messes.

have the guts to post a real life indoor stoppage picture that is untouched and not cleaned up before you take it.

show me how to do it.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

easy there big boy dont pull out the six shooter just yet I would hate to have you stroke out.
                          I think you need a

Comment

Working...
                          X