Oldest pump truck???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oldest pump truck???

I still got my 56 ford 1 ton with an old 800 gal boiler tank on it. The vacuum comes from the manifold. Had to rebuild motor every 2 years. When the E P A told us we had to have a bigger truck we went to a 2 ton ford cab over 1500 gal with masport pump 1971. then bought a 1500 gal better built on a 1973 ford 1 1/2 ton last truck I bought was a 1978 2 ton Chevy with jurop pump and badger tank never got to use it. My 73 broke down in winter and the waste froze and busted the valves Next day the E P A. come to inspect the trucks seen It, asked how much I made that year I told him He told me they couldn't get a big enough fine from me,for the super fund and jerked my license. The going rate for there super fund is $25.000.00. That is what the farmers here have to pay every year. I tried to pump it off with the other truck but it was already Froze I asked E.PA what I should do if that should ever happen and followed to the letter what they told me and that is what got me in trouble So don't listen to what they tell you They don't know the law I even argued with what they told me to do I told them from what I understood it wasn't allowed. But he told me I had to do it the way I did it. When they jerked my license at the hearing the inspector seemed to forget what he told me the governor fired everyone who had anything to do with it 19 people. But I didn't try to get my license back. It was getting to be to much of a hassle so I went to just drain cleaning. So I still got the trucks trying to sell everyone but the 56 but no takers. Except for the 56 but that ones not for sale. So if the E. P. A. tells you, you don't need a lawyer it's not that big of deal You better get a lawyer. And if an inspector tells you to do something get it in writhing.

Comment

Re: Oldest pump truck???

Hit the nail GT about the red tape, fines, & overall disorganization with the EPA.

Pumpers cut each others throat. I think they ALL should get $1.00/gal.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
      X