Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can a Drum Auger???

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    then why did it take so long for you to buy a new 7500 especially when it was broken?

if all i did was sewers, i would certainly have more than 1 working main line machine in stock.

it's called a back up. so it's a back up for a back up

i'm glad you see the need to replace than repair.

funny as rich people or poor people get the same treatment from me. straight real answers.

i guess if you own 2 excavators you're interested in replacement and not service. maybe that's why you don't want a k-60

happy digging

rick.
    Rick I don`t like to replace but I think it was a better buy for this guy as it would have cost more to pull the pool out of the ground and knock out a wall in the pool house and dig a 9` hole in the middle of the room.
    A replaced sewer means I`ll never be called there to clear a sewer again. I would rather spend an hour a year cleaning the sewer then 5 hours replacing it.

I do about 5 repairs a week and about 2 to 4 replacements a month. I would rather just clean em but sometimes you have to do it the other way.

As far as the excavators I got tired of renting and thought I could do the jobs easer and cheaper if I had my own.

I`m guessing you don't own one and have to pay someone to do your digging Or you would be telling me I bought the wrong one because it`s not the same as yours

As far as to why it took me so long to buy another K-7500 I`m a tight A$$ I still use the old one from time to time when the new one is on another job It still need a new feeder tube and other things...lol... See "Tight A$$"

I`m in business to make money, Not to help people! If I want to help people I work for free and give em the parts. I did just that on Xmass eve for a family that had no money and no sewer. The "thank you" was payment enough for me as they said it from the heart I couldnt get out of the house fast enough as I thought the mom was gonna attack me She kept telling us how she loved me and thank you. Priceless!!!!
    Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-30-2008, 10:38 PM.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

When I was an apprentice the plumber would use a steel flat tape and tie a t-shirt on the end to push the mush through. He never lost a shirt (sometimes he smelled like he wore them afterwards!) and he cleared a lot of drains.
      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Both of you guys need to learn to grow up just a bit. I'm sure a lot of this bantering back and forth is in fun but it's not fun for the rest of us. It is okay for reasonable people to disagree without adding personal attacks.

Mark
        Bite me

I cant stop growing old but I refuse to grow up

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
          When I was an apprentice the plumber would use a steel flat tape and tie a t-shirt on the end to push the mush through. He never lost a shirt (sometimes he smelled like he wore them afterwards!) and he cleared a lot of drains.
          I just stick my big auger on and let the machine do it`s job

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
            I just stick my big auger on and let the machine do it`s job
            You should put that on the side of your truck.

Or maybe your personal ad.

J.C.

Comment

hummmmmm maybe

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                You should put that on the side of your truck.

Or maybe your personal ad.

J.C.

Nah that's already taken by me, but I always mention my chest hair.

Kinda draws da kinda woman that's seen more nuts than a can of planters.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  I honestly just wanted to know if you could get a drum to auger like open wind sectionals.

As I watched the cable go through, it didn't look like any type of head would have move the stuff and the only thing that did was the open winds augering.

Just thought it might be handy to be able to do it with a drum if possible.

J.C.
                  The 3/8 and 1/2 IC core will both fit the 5/8 sectional cable so you could use the sectional section as a flexible leader. Will it work with the slower speed? Unsure but there's only one way to find out.

What would be good is a 3' section of 5/8 sectional that you could put on the end of the 3/8 cable that's in a k39. The high rpms should be enough for the sectional cable to do it's work. Hmmmmm
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

That's a great idea ,Ben! You should come up with a new line of grey market Accessories
                    With universal attachments for all machines. Happy New Year Sailor
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                    X