Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Machine Recommendations for small drains

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    The funny part is while I was writing that post my printer with 30 lb bond in it was going crazy. It turned out Baylee (7-year old grand daughter) decided to print her WebKinz Adoption Certificate and while the printer was calibrating she kept hitting print. So.....does anyone have any need for 17-Webkinz Adoption Certificates?

Mark
    Put them in the toilet at DisneyWorld.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Put them in the toilet at DisneyWorld.

J.C.
      No we're going to Disneyland, although Brenda was at DisneyWorld last month. I would scope out that park as well but Rick is too cheap to take his lovely wife there.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

For a novice and a guy on a budget the K400 will do what he needs so I stand by my first post.

I know for a fact the K50 and the Spartan 81 ( I cut my teeth on Spartan machines) will do the job as well but I challenge anyone to find either one of these professional level machines for the price of the K400 ($430.00 @ Toolbarn)

Comment

I did not realize Rick was a cheapskate.. Though I should have known by the way he makes his millshakes

Comment

A used General Maxi Rooter would be a good roof machine ,as long as it's not over 3 stories ,and a 12/12 pitch with snow
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
              I did not realize Rick was a cheapskate.. Though I should have known by the way he makes his millshakes
              lets see

a tri stand vice, tubing cutter, propress, superfreeze, and k-60 just to make a milkshake.

i would say that was a $7000. milkshake

joey is into disney but not the rides. her cars license plate spells out mickey mouse pretty closely.

just came back from magic mountain today. she was glad she didn't go.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                lets see

a tri stand vice, tubing cutter, propress, superfreeze, and k-60 just to make a milkshake.

i would say that was a $7000. milkshake

joey is into disney but not the rides. her cars license plate spells out mickey mouse pretty closely.

just came back from magic mountain today. she was glad she didn't go.

rick.
                Four miles from my house and not even a call?

Mark

Comment

http://www.gorlitz.com/skins/Gorlitz...cts/go-250.gif
                  http://www.gorlitz.com/skins/Gorlitz...cts/go-380.gif

I WOULD USE THIS COMBNATION MACHINE BY GORLITZ

IT HAS 2 DRUMS ( 1 ) WITH 1/4" OR 5/16" X 50" CABLE AND ( 1 ) WITH 3/8"
                  X 60' OR X 90' CABLE VERY EASY TO CHANGE DRUMS
                  SNAKES ANYTHING FROM 1" ICE MACHINE DRAINS TO 3" SOFT BLOCKAGES
                  VERY, VERY, EASY TO CARRY ON TO THE ROOF. COMES WITH A TRUNK THAT ALLOWS EASY CABLE HANDLING
                  JERRYMAC
                  E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                  CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                  FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                  SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    Four miles from my house and not even a call?

Mark
                    mark, i made steve and the gang aware of that several times.

there's a reason why us old folks don't do rides

susan

i was just as bad, but didn't blow

remember cedar point

i was the driver, no cell and no text. blame steve

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      mark, i made steve and the gang aware of that several times.

there's a reason why us old folks don't do rides

susan

i was just as bad, but didn't blow

remember cedar point

i was the driver, no cell and no text. blame steve

rick.
                      Even a good excuse is still just an excuse.

Mark

Comment

And we all know what they say about excuses.....
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Why is the K60 or K50 more difficult to use than the K400?

Comment

Anyway, I'm seriously considering purchasing the K400 due to budget reasons, and as Okie pointed out, I can get a new one for $430 at Tool Barn. I'm thinking that if I really need to take it on the roof, I can get some help from my son etc. I can't find any of the K60s K50s or other suggested mchs used right now, but I may wait a while and call a plumber for the time being. Someone suggested that I get a new plumber, so my wife's best friend's son-in-law is officially fired. He was not a master plumber and probably didn't have the best equipment, but he charged about the same. Anyone know of a good plumber in the New Orleans area?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeCaps View Post
                              Why is the K60 or K50 more difficult to use than the K400?
                              it's not. i would have that machine on the roof by myself and finished before you could get someone to help you lug up a k-400.

the k-50 or 60 takes more skill to get efficent, but it's not rocket science.

plus a k-60 with 7/8'' innercore cable will cut roots in pipe up to 6'' or 4'' with standard cable. it also runs 5/8'' cable good for 1.25-3'' or 4'' with the heavy wind cable.

a k-400 will cut toilet paper in pipe up to 3'' with 3/8'' or 4'' with 1/2'' cable. no roots. was never designed to, but people will try

rick.

a good used k-60 with 75' of 7/8'' is worth around $800-1000. new is around 1600.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

But I already have a K6200 with 5/8" cable. I used it when three houses flooded during Hurricane Katrina. One house that was built on 9' pilings (in Waveland, MS) got 25' of storm surge practically overtopping the roof and everything imaginable went into the drains. Since I already have a good K6200 do you think I need a K60? I'm mainly looking for a smaller cable to clean out inside lavatories and sinks. I may not need to get on the roof too often. However maybe I could sell my K6200 and get a K60. How much do you think I could get for it. It's about 12 yrs. old, I think, and works great.

Comment

Working...
                                X