X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K400 or Milwaukee Electric Snake

My dad wants a drain cleaner and he's considering either a K400 or a Milwaukee electric snake. Which one would do the best job for a 2 story house, plus we have a house in the country. The house in the country (where I live) has a sink that always drains slowly. If I'm doing dishes the sink fills up with water and it takes several minutes to go down. When it goes down it makes a real loud gurgling sound. Anyway my mom and I are thinking of getting my dad the drain cleaner for his birthday next month and what do you think would be the best one to get out of the two above? Also, the house where I live has a septic tank that the previous owner connected to the city drain line when the city ran drain lines. Have you ever heard of this and what complications could this cause?

Re: K400 or Milwaukee Electric Snake

I have a milwaukee and a ridgid k-380,i rarely ever use the milwaukee.It is a dificult machine to use because it has too much torque and will kink a cable very fast.You have to keep the drill 4-6 inches from the pipe to keep it from torqueing up.The 380 is the older version of the k-400,it is a very usefull machine for all but the toughest root problems.I also have a ridgid hand spinner with 25' of cable for the smaller drains,it is easier to use than the milwaukee.For the long runs or roots I have an old k-6800 that will take care of the toughest drains.I hope to replace the 6800 soon as it is obsolete and parts are no longer available.I had to have a machinist turn some new inner drum bushings from bronze for me.I am not sure if I am going to buy a k-750 or a k-7500,the big machine sees little use as the k-380 is my busiest machine.

Comment

If kinking of the cable is regularly occurring, it's not the machine.
      My Milwaukee is a piece of cake to use. Sinks, tubs, showers, whatever. Even roof vents (1.5" only) for back-to-back fixtures or short runs. Like any other tool, you just have to learn how to use it properly and get comfortable with it. Can't get there by doing 2 or 3 drains a week or on a part time basis.
      Last edited by Twicepipes; 01-10-2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I was only trying to offer a little advice to the person that asked a question.I do not come on here to insult or question other people's abilities,it seems that there are a few of you on here that are the only ones that know anything.I live in an area that is sparsely populated,I would like to do more than a few drains a week.I have been cleaning drains now for a long time,I am proud of the fact that I am the one that most people call for their drain issues.I make sure that the job is done right and stand behind my work.Believe me,drain cleaning is better than dragging a hose through snow drifts all day long!

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill View Post
          .Believe me,drain cleaning is better than dragging a hose through snow drifts all day long!
          Plus, if you ask me, fuel smells worse then $hit
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill View Post
            I was only trying to offer a little advice to the person that asked a question.I do not come on here to insult or question other people's abilities,it seems that there are a few of you on here that are the only ones that know anything.I live in an area that is sparsely populated,I would like to do more than a few drains a week.I have been cleaning drains now for a long time,I am proud of the fact that I am the one that most people call for their drain issues.I make sure that the job is done right and stand behind my work.Believe me,drain cleaning is better than dragging a hose through snow drifts all day long!

Comment

Working...
            X