X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general MAXI ROOTER

I know this is a ridgid fourm but has anybody had any luck or just info on generals MAXI ROOTER or should I look at the K-7500

Thanks

Re: general MAXI ROOTER

toolaholic owns 1

but truthfully a ridgid 7500 is top of the line for many reasons.

i own 2

ridgid is in your backyard and the support you'll get here and from them is priceless.

of course you can dump the maxirooter idea and get a k-60 sectional

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I used general drums before I got my 7500 they had plenty of power and there cable was a lot better then Ridgid or electric eel's the only problem I had was the bolts kept falling out and the belt would slip on the metal drum so I had to replace it more often and I like the Ridgid plastic drum it wont rust through.

Comment

I have one and it is top of the line for general, cable great, motor great, chasis solid, stair rollers and loading wheel, easy change feed bearings but and I mean but the reverse is really slow and not a good system they give ratings at it's speed in reverse but it is really slow and weak, when my chance comes I will buy the rigid 7500 after I get a real honest opinion on it's reverse power when your 150 ft out. So good machine but has it's problems.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I have the Maxi rooter , Sure like mine, Plenty of power. But am hack carpenter that uses it seldom. Never used the big ridgid. You might say" I only use it for recreation" .
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

thanks just not sure, big investment for me and want to make a good choice.

Comment

General and Ridgid are my favorites although I havent been exposed to many other brands, the general alway worked well for me as did a ridgid keep in mind Ridgid support is second to none where as General leaves quite a bit to be desired.....

Comment

I used general at an old job and found that they needed alot of maintenance

I use ridgid for most tools - pipe threader, seesnake, wrenches, wet/vac

i use gorlitz machines

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

I have a few generals (speedrooter 91, powervee, supervee) and I like what I've seen so far. Though I don't really use any of them that often
                  West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                  Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Working...
                  X