Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand built redwood septic tanks in Ca.

Met an old carpenter that told Me this years ago. He use to hand dig septic pits and build
    the tanks from redwood! Any one have any knowledge of this? What size timbers ect.?
    TANKS, TOOL
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Hand built redwood septic tanks in Ca.

I've found a couple old farm houses that used the old family car for a septic tank.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Re: Hand built redwood septic tanks in Ca.

Oh yea. Before sears and Montgomery ward started selling round metal septic tanks they would build wood ones just like wood water towers. They would use 4 X 4, 3 on each side then use 2 X 6' S, on the inside for the walls and top. They were a son of a gun to clean the wood would fall off and it would suck on your hose. The board was too big to get out as they were too solid yet. The top was made with 1" wood with concrete poured over it, sometimes the inside had tar on the inside depending on what type of wood was used. I have seen wooden barrels used, old boilers, heating oil tanks, rocks, blocks, brick, ruff box's, any thing that would hold water.

Comment

Working...
      X