Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ok, have you ever had this problem?

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
    Just a thought? I have seen many properties that have older 4” pipe and switched to water saving toilets. I think in my opinion that most people don’t know how a water saving toilet works!

Just a half flush when you pee, and a full flush when you have a constitutional.

Every older home I have been in that is a soft blockage, I have been able to cure with teaching the HO to hold the leaver down when they have a bowel movement.

If you have the chance, take you camera in a 4” cast or clay wade up 10 sheets of paper and do a 1.6 or whatever the saver toilet is and see how the paper moves. And the do the same thing with a full flush.

You will see the half flush makes the paper like a clump of plaster sticking to everything.
    On a full flush you will see the paper break down in to little pcs.

Just me 2cents worth.

This toilet is a 3 1/2 gallon flush............the line is the issue.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flowofmoney View Post
      So get a adapter and reduce it to 5/8 type head that's a drop type?

yeah, that's a good Idea..

Do you know if ridgid make this adapter and swivel head?
      Eel makes the drop head general makes the adaptor use a Ridgid arrow head base to attach the adaptor to the cable and a Eel arrow head base with Ridgid four blade cuter if you use general cables 5/8 OR 3/4 the adaptor fits on the end without the adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
        Eel makes the drop head general makes the adaptor use a Ridgid arrow head base to attach the adaptor to the cable and a Eel arrow head base with Ridgid four blade cuter if you use general cables 5/8 OR 3/4 the adaptor fits on the end without the adapter.

Thanks bud, I'll check into it for sure......I was thinking of welding up one of my own.......after seeing your post.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
          I worked for a company once that used sectionals, and promised myself never again. I think you'd do better with drum IMHO.
          I hear ya. Be careful though, thems fightin' words round here.

Comment

Originally posted by Twicepipes View Post
            I hear ya. Be careful though, thems fightin' words round here.
            I'm getting ready to have both on my truck...as soon as I get a bigger one, that is......I use the K-60, but want a drum machine as well for the inside calls...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flowofmoney View Post
              Thanks bud, I'll check into it for sure......I was thinking of welding up one of my own.......after seeing your post.
              I weld up my own adapters too. I use stainless steel weld high strength never had any problem with them breaking the weld. I use an eel male and a Ridgid mail for the general adaptor. I have never tried a Ridgid female end, but there have been no problem with the male end, I use a cable repair end and ether clamp it straight or use a magnet to hold them together. I have tried a tub to keep them straight but that was a mess and not very strong. Good luck I am here If you need me.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, how far out from the access point is this wye?

Comment

Originally posted by Twicepipes View Post
                  Just out of curiosity, how far out from the access point is this wye?

It's right at 45 ft from the toilet that has to be removed, no cleanouts anywhere........
                  sigpic

Comment

have you ever tried the string trick?

in case you haven't, this might be worth trying until the proper repairs can be done.

tie a string to the head of your cable that's long enough to allow you to get to the problem area and push the cable to it without spinning the cable.

when you get to the fitting that's causing you problems pull the string and push the cable at the same time.

this doesn't always work the first push/pull but i had very good success getting around bends in the pipe.

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
                      have you ever tried the string trick?

in case you haven't, this might be worth trying until the proper repairs can be done.

tie a string to the head of your cable that's long enough to allow you to get to the problem area and push the cable to it without spinning the cable.

when you get to the fitting that's causing you problems pull the string and push the cable at the same time.

this doesn't always work the first push/pull but i had very good success getting around bends in the pipe.

Vince
                      Yeah, thanks Vince.........but there are a few turns before the problem area.........so i can't push it by hand to that point.
                      sigpic

Comment

opps.
                        Last edited by Vince the Plumber; 01-13-2009, 06:57 PM. Reason: please delete. thanks, Vince

Comment

Working...
                        X