X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jetting- What Am I Doing Wrong?

Alot of good suggestions. One i wouldve tried was this, 3/8 warthog with the camera in the line. It will take some time, but at least with the camera in the line you can push the nozzle up to the start of it. I would let it spin in the same spot for awhile, it will break it up....I used a 3/8 in a 8in line at the Phila Zoo yrs ago to break up and remove concrete in the line and it worked. I have pics to prove it. If you did or going to use the warthog make sure you kind of give the hose a back and forth spin to it so you get good range. Leave the camera a few inches behind the head obviously, but you can leave the camera there. Good luck Billy boy
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Wow totally forgot I originally posted this

This is what I did (or what I think I did, been a long time)

I manufactured a homemade chain knocker and welded it to a broken off auger and ran that down the line while flushing heavily with water. I just couldn't buck up the money for a store bought knocker that I would use once a year. It removed most of the debris that was still stuck to the bottom of the pipe. Still wasn't 100% but way better than when I started. The customer was happy and paid for most of my time spent there. They are still good customer and no stoppages in a year and a half. Another item that I still haven't replaced since my truck was stolen.

Thanks for the link Dan to Test Equipment Depot. I buy a lot of Ridgid stuff from them but I didn't know they had Root Rangers. They still have the best price on most items, even better than Toolup. I did make a homemade Root Ranger that works awesome for about $60. I called it the Ghetto Ranger

Comment

I made both of the knockers I have and they do a great job of descaling

The higher RPM of a sectional ( I use my K-60) makes all of the difference, I'm not sure they would work with a drum machine.

Crack, I wonder what would happen if you tack welded or attached in some way a couple of small chain links or stainless steel wires to your jetters spinner nozzle??? (flush and descale all at once) This would make all of the difference for a small jetter..

Comment

The start of this video of a reline job we did a few weeks ago demonstrates the effectivness of a chain flail nozzle in a cast iron waste stack. The Root Ranger cleaned the pipe up but the 3/8" Root Rat digested the rust build up on the sides of the pipe. I have also witnessed it (Root Rat) eat a hole right through the side of a 100mm pvc pipe too! Every nozzle has its purpose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=543hl9dbktQ
          Last edited by bill2601; 08-14-2010, 07:37 AM.
          Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
          Albert Einstein

Comment

bill the video looked good

but did you have to add the kohler commercial

you know most of us aren't fans of kohler

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Looked good, I didn't like the old tree root bumps in the bottom of the pipe with the liner over them, be ok on top but the bottom? Seems like a spot that will build up with grease etc. Couldn,t the chain knocker beat it down?
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Kohler? Have not had issues down here but we don't come across their products very often either. Well it was a great ad! I put that together for the launch of the new reliner system we are using.

That was my reline teams' first job. I did notice the bumps at the base of the stack and just hoped the guys didn't leave roots there, especially with all the gear I give them for root cutting!

I'm uploading it to Ridgid Connect tomorrow. It was the only footage I had with the chain flail working. My drain guys told me the pipe lit up with sparks where the chains were contacting the sides of the pipes.
                Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X