X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter hose danger

while walking around a very busy shopping mall today, i ran across a real danger with a local jetting company.

he had the big us jetter in the alley and the 1/2'' jetting hose running randomly down the sidewalk.

i was surprised that nobody tripped.

i know when i'm around a public area, i use cones and keep the hoses right next to the building.

rick.

Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 01-11-2009, 02:55 AM.
    phoebe it is

Re: Jetter hose danger

I've been down that road many times. We have 2 Machines just like the one pictured and try running a hose thru the middle of a food court during lunch on a friday afternoon. We had the hose marked off with tape, safety cones and blocked off with chairs and tables and people would still just move the chairs to walk over the hose. I gave up trying to stop them. Plus the 6' cast iron was half full of grout and concrete from a remodel done several months prior.

Comment

They could have at least put the hoses up tight to the building.

And why work so far from your machine if it can be avoided. they could have parked the machine on the sidewalk and took up not much more room then they are with the hoses.

Were they working inside or out?
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

This is unbelievable I'm scared of laying a cord down even if it is close to a wall and if it has to go across a walk way I cover it with a floor mat and watch it. I am scared someone will trip over it and sue me. I will do anything to keep it from being in a walk way, if I have to put some in a walk way I get maintenance down there to lay the rug and give the ok. Man those hoses jump some times it could knock someone feet out from under them and what if it should bust.

Comment

this was running down the sidewalk then entering the side door of a movie theater. appeared to be only 1 guy working.

i would have had the hose smack up against the building with a few cones to make people aware of it.

parking on the sidewalk would have lasted 10 minutes until the truck and trailer was towed and impounded. this is a very busy outdoor shopping area that attracts thousands of people at any given time.

the company that was doing the job has a reputation of being a con. starts off with a snake and claims they cant get it with their snake. then calls the guy with the jetter.
          us local guys know this, too bad the consumer finds out the hard way. you would think for what they charge they could have included a second man to watch the over the situation.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Some need to learn the hard way

I'm sure this guys boss would go ape"crap" if he pulled up while that was going on.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

I will just block off where I`m working and then I`ll yell at you if you cross my lines
              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                this was running down the sidewalk then entering the side door of a movie theater. appeared to be only 1 guy working.

i would have had the hose smack up against the building with a few cones to make people aware of it.

parking on the sidewalk would have lasted 10 minutes until the truck and trailer was towed and impounded. this is a very busy outdoor shopping area that attracts thousands of people at any given time.

the company that was doing the job has a reputation of being a con. starts off with a snake and claims they cant get it with their snake. then calls the guy with the jetter.
                us local guys know this, too bad the consumer finds out the hard way. you would think for what they charge they could have included a second man to watch the over the situation.

rick.
                I hear you we got them guys here. First they show up with a auger for a flat rate of $150.00 then bring in a camera flat rate $300.00 then incomes the backhoe to dig access holes for camera, flat rate $600.00. After all the holes are dug then they tell the HO they might as well replace it as they had to put so meany holes in the pipe to camera it. At the lest there going to get $1050.00. And I read in the mag. all the time were they tell people to sell up and reward there men on how much they can sell up. Have you read some of the articles in the cleaner written by guy's? One guy got called to open a drain and talked the HO, in to a new bath toilet remodeling there bathroom and putting a new roof on there house, and they held this up as a proud EX. of how it should be done anything to make money. I wont do that, I guess that is why I am not rich but at the end of the day at lest I know the money I earned is honest, And the HO'S kids are not going to have to do without food just so I can get rich. I am going to start talking at club meetings on ways to save money when you call a service man and what to watch out for. Yes it is advertisement and maybe even selling to make money but I wont be selling what they don't need I will make any money on saving them money. They can call who they want but there eye's will be open.

Comment

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
                  Have you read some of the articles in the cleaner written by guy's? One guy got called to open a drain and talked the HO, in to a new bath toilet remodeling there bathroom and putting a new roof on there house, and they held this up as a proud EX. of how it should be done anything to make money. I wont do that, I guess that is why I am not rich but at the end of the day at lest I know the money I earned is honest.
                  What is dishonest about the above situation? The customer wanted a new roof and bathroom remodel. The contractor they called was smart enough to seize the opportunity and give them what they wanted and make money in the process. Seems like good business to me. If the homeowners didn't need a new roof or bathroom remodel, why did they buy it? Were they forced at gunpoint?
                  Your idea that "sales are bad" will do nothing but hold you back in business. And while there are dishonest people in business, I have learned to be careful of finger-pointing. One of my new year's resolutions is not to talk bad about my competition. It only makes me look bad, to talk bad about others.
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                    What is dishonest about the above situation? The customer wanted a new roof and bathroom remodel. The contractor they called was smart enough to seize the opportunity and give them what they wanted and make money in the process. Seems like good business to me. If the homeowners didn't need a new roof or bathroom remodel, why did they buy it? Were they forced at gunpoint?
                    Your idea that "sales are bad" will do nothing but hold you back in business. And while there are dishonest people in business, I have learned to be careful of finger-pointing. One of my new year's resolutions is not to talk bad about my competition. It only makes me look bad, to talk bad about others.
                    I kind of agree with you. There are many times when a customer will point out something that they didn't call me for or I may point it out just in conversation. Then THEY will ask, "Can you fix that too?" I tell them what needs to be done, the cost, and often they'll want it done.

What's wrong with that???

But there are some out there that will take advantage of someone who may not have all of the mental faculties to make a good decision for themselves and their finances. That gives everyone a bad name.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                      Sure If they needed it. But this guy knew they didn't need it but scared them in to thinking they did. I will replace something If it is bad. But I wont take out something that don't need to be replaced. There was nothing wrong with the roof. He told them the toilet needed replacing then he told them they needed to remodel there bathroom or the toilet would not work. I wont con anyone to get extra money you just hurt yourself. It looks like you just broke your new years resolution about saying something bad. I never say a name when I talk about cleaners who con. people. I just tell the people what to watch for when they call anybody.

Comment

What article exactly are you talking about, I would like to read it.
                        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Working...
                        X