X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid k-6200

First time post. Really enjoy this forum. I use electric eel sectionals, 4 and 8 ft sections, 4 ft for overhead cleanouts and most times where I have to pull a toilet. I am considering buying a k-6200 for tight spots. The weight is (180 lbs) manageable, more so than the 7500. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone using this machine. I live in Connecticut and have been in business for almost 8 years. Thanks.

Re: ridgid k-6200

I started out with the Eel. then went to the Ridgid 1500 and used the eel cable in it. next went to the K 60 with the 7/8" general cable. then went back to the 1500 with the 7/8" cable then to Marco, general, Spartan and then the 7500. most of the weight is in the cable. I would go with the 7500 and just load 50' of cable and load cable as needed that way on longer runs you can load all the cable back in to the drum and rerun the next cutter without taking the cable off and putting it back on each time you need to run. I run general cables now there stronger then the eel and a lot stronger and kink resistant then Ridgid. They make an adapter for the general cable so you can keep using your eel head's. I tried the 5/8" cable first to cut weight but the head kept coming off and it would break about every 5 th drain so I went with the 3/4". I tried a 3/4" eel but it broke on the first job. I like the Ridgid hook up better but I don't like there drum machine heads so I use Ridgid arrow heads without a blade holder the screw will fit right in the general cable the eel cutters fit with the adapters and the general C cutters are thicker then Ridgid but not as thick as the eel. This can help get the cable unstuck in a tight place. I still carry Eel cables and use them for my add on cable's and to work mush out after I clean enough to push them down. I don't get stuck in a line as much as I did with the Eel. The eel would wind in tighter then you could pull the 1500 I could always pull out by hand or hook the eel to it and get it out. The 7500 is deferent it can wind in a root almost as tight as the eel but so far I have been able to pull it out.Dont try to run it all the way like the eel in roots. Take a little at a time, Mush will be the hardest thing to get use to with a drum but the auto feed is nice. Don't even think of getting a drum without one. I hated to leave eel but they just would not keep up with the times and all the finished basements. Ridgid seems to listen to the guy's who are out there doing the work when they design a new machine. And they give us what we need and want the eel put food on the table for a long time and I hated to change. But my customers come first they pay the bills.

Comment

I would still use the dual cable (eel) for sludgy blockages and roots, but I thought it (6200) would be the right machine for small half baths where I need to have enough distance to get though and out of the house to a septic tank where here in Connecticut the ground has been covered with snow and is not always easy to locate. Now, when I am in that situation I use 4 ft lengths and spin it with a Ridgid 1/2" drill. It works for me, but it is very time consuming. How long does it take to add a 50 ft section to the drum? I am just thinking the k-6200 with the inner core cable would be a perfect machine for that type of job. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

i love my 6200 --it is a great all arund machine------works in tight spots and the 1500 has retired

Comment

Looks as if another sectional has retired
          It`s ok Rick I`ll give ya a

http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
          X