Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee M spector or seesnake micro ?

Milwaukee M spector or seesnake micro ?

Has anyone compare them back to back?

I have looked at the at the supply house together.

The only thing that stands out between them to me is that the Milwaukee M spector have the controls right at your thumb print.

Other than that any pros or cons between the 2?

Thanks Mike
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Re: Milwaukee M spector or seesnake micro ?

Oh my main use would be to look inside toilet traps to see if it needs to be pulled.
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Comment

I'm getting one of them also, seen them on tool-up.

Think I'll wait till someone post who has one....good idea..
      sigpic

Comment

Neither will consistently go through a toilet trap. You will probably end up wasting your time trying. The first generation Ridgid Micro had a plastic head that was fragile that to my knowledge has been corrected.

I looked at the Milwaukee version at around 12/15/2008 at a local HD. The display model had a plastic head that was already broken!

I purchased the MicroExplorer. Almost three times as much but I thought it was more worth it to me. And I'm pretty cheap if you ask around. It has more features such as larger screen, better resolution, ability to take pictures & video built right in, 4 LED's instead of 2, etc.

I like the built in pic taking the best. I just click a pic of the problem and show it to the customer. They have been impressed every time I've done this. Some like the ability to see what I see, some want the unit itself or both.

Just have to figure out what's best for your situation. I'd get the Ridgid Micro or the Ridgid MicroExplorer. NONE have been made to go through toilet traps consistently.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

I purchased the MicroExplorer. Almost three times as much but I thought it was more worth it to me. And I'm pretty cheap if you ask around. It has more features such as larger screen, better resolution, ability to take pictures & video built right in, 4 LED's instead of 2, etc.

J.C.
          YOU bought the MicroExplorer!!!!! I am VERY impressed. And humbled
          "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
            YOU bought the MicroExplorer!!!!! I am VERY impressed. And humbled
            Gotta' live and roll the dice once in a while, right? Finding all kinds of uses too.

I've even had tree surgeons call me to inspect River.....no, let's not go there.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              Gotta' live and roll the dice once in a while, right? Finding all kinds of uses too.

I've even had tree surgeons call me to inspect River.....no, let's not go there.

J.C.
              Yeah, but I kind of thought you would "live and roll the dice" in a NEW TRUCK first.
              And those tacky river birch innuendos just roll off me like water through a River Birch stem in the spring.
              "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

I'd get a new truck but just can't seem to kill the old one. Plus, trucks can be expensive. I'm not as lucrative in business as some on the Forum.

J.C.
                Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 01-15-2009, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Well seriously, for once, I wish you would start a new thread or just continue on this one and post every time you use the microexplorer at work.
                  I'm vacillating as to the benefits of owning one. I don't need another high price toy or even a handy tool that has far future payback.
                  Thanks J.C.

Comment

Gotcha'. I'll try to do that.

I can usually make due with the most basic of hand tools and my mind. So using Maslows hierarchy of needs.... no I absolutely do not need it. But I'm gaining some tools to complete the same jobs easier for myself & maybe charge a little for them too.

J.C.

Comment

Yup, I'm all about making the job easier, more efficient, more thorough, cleaner,and FUN! Looking good in the process doesn't hurt either.

Comment

Working...
                      X