Tell me about Rooter Man

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tell me about Rooter Man

There used to be one of the franchises in the area. Every job I ever saw that they had done was simply garbage.

Once, I got a call from a customer of mine who had a leak in her basement. I was busy but got there in about two hours. The Rooter Hacks had already shown up. I went down in the basement to check them out - there were three of them all trying to replace a 4' piece of pipe, struggling as if it were really hard. Well, it was really hard. About waist-high, they had cut it about a quarter inch too long and were trying to squeeze the 4" ABS into place. The cast iron wasn't budging. They all looked like they'd been working in a junkyard for a week without a bath. I could have done the job in about five minutes. The old lady customer was overjoyed that they had called her insurance company for her.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
      They are always sending me post cards telling me $7500.00 will guarantee slave ownership.
      Dunbar I have been In your part of the country with a broke down car full of kids and my wife I think you already got free slave ownership from the county. If your in good with the county you got it made if not your in a world of hurt. But the people there take care of each other. I had a waitress offer to take the family home. But the tow truck driver took us to the rent a car place and got us a good deal on a car rental at the airport. So In your case I would take the money and eat out more and tip the other slaves. you can bet if I need a car tow or a place to eat I am going to remember who was there for me when I needed them. I think most people will go by word of mouth. It is just the new ones who never heard of anyone who might need help. But I agree with you 110%

Comment

I use the Rooterman in our area frequently, but I always request one or two certain servicemen and if they are not available then I'll wait or try and give it to someone else (I don't do main sewers.

It's like Mark said, it all boils down to knowledge, ability, and ethics. If the tech I always ask for moved to another company or started his own business then I would move my business there.

That being said, most franchises like to FLAT RATE. Which is fine on the main sewer but don't ask them to do anything else while they're there.
        Case in point, I had them go out to clear a main sewer, while they were there they put the auger through the toilet as well. Probably 30 seconds of work. Cost me $80.00 upcharge.
        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

The local Rooter Man in the New Orleans area is actually locally owned and not part of the franchise. They've had the name for 25-30 years in Louisiana. I know the national Rooter Man opened a franchise in Lafayette LA, three hours away. Don't know what that means for the locally owned RM legally.

Comment

Working...
          X