Tell me about Rooter Man

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about Rooter Man

What do know about the Rooter Man franchise?

They seem to have a better ranking with Entrepreneur Magazine and are showcased a lot in Cleaner magazine. They seem to be a decent group.

What do you know of them?
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Re: Tell me about Rooter Man

They SUCK just like Roto Rooter and Mr Rooter
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

They are always sending me post cards telling me $7500.00 will guarantee slave ownership.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
        They SUCK just like Roto Rooter and Mr Rooter
        Eloquent review Steve, cracking me up as usual.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

well I mean, anyone that has to try to sell their franchise on Ebay has to suck
          They are always looking to try and out run the shops like mine but so far have no such luck Mr Rooter calls me weekly to try and hook me Why would I need a name when I already have the best name around here

I would rather buy a K-60 then a franchise
          Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 01-19-2009, 11:20 PM.

Comment

They're like any other franchise and only as good as the franchisee. As long as you make money they make money. They provide national exposure and marketing and they field your calls. Obviously, if you can do it on your own there is no reason to pay them to do it.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Don't forget Handy Rooter...
              sigpic
              www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                well I mean, anyone that has to try to sell their franchise on Ebay has to suck
                They are always looking to try and out run the shops like mine but so far have no such luck Mr Rooter calls me weekly to try and hook me Why would I need a name when I already have the best name around here
                I agree. I would hate to ever buy into a franchise. I used to work inside one, and I feel very lucky to be out succeeding on my own without paying franchise fees. Now they are my competition. Ahh, this is too many words, I prefer Steve's brevity:
                They SUCK!

Comment

I would have no problem with these national franchises if they put their ethics & personnel first. But I have never seen one that does.

EVERY one I've come in contact with puts unqualified younger people in the field. Then they're working on commission and don't have experience to properly diagnose things and recommend what's best for the customer.

And they are also lacking the ethics that come with time to resist recommending what's best for themselves and their commission.

Put the two together and it gives ALL people in the business a bad name in my opinion.

J.C.

(P.S. I've seen some "older" people working for them that would keep me from recommending them either.)

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    EVERY one I've come in contact with puts unqualified younger people in the field. Then they're working on commission and don't have experience to properly diagnose things and recommend what's best for the customer.
                    BINGO! THAT IS THE MAIN ARGUMENT THAT MY FORMER BOSS AND I GOT INTO BEFORE I QUIT IN DISGUST! I was the best plumber in the shop, so he promoted me to "company trainer" but... he only let me train young kids for a few months before throwing them into trucks on their own and charging up the wazoo. He asked me if they were ready, I said NO WAY! But he ignored my advice, and the next week the guy would be in his own truck, with minimal experience. I told him I thought it was a mistake, and even unethical. I left soon after that.

I don't care if he is reading this right now. I told him everything to his face, though we are still on fairly good terms. But he knows what I think of his "training" policies, and how ridiculous it makes him look to have inexperienced kids representing him in the field.
                    Last edited by Service Guy; 01-19-2009, 11:47 PM.

Comment

They keep hitting me hard about this and i have looked at it pretty close. There are some real success stories out there.

I guess its all about brand image and national recognition. Other than that I can do it all myself.

Rooter man only charges a $150.00 a month fee vs. Mr. Rooter and Roto Rooter who takes a % of profits.

I'm not defending, i am just inquiring. Many of you have seen these guys in action where you work.

I have none of these around me at all. Besides the occasional Roto Rooter driving thru town. Maybe thats why they are being heavy with me.

Would the recognition be worth it? Its $8000.00 for 375,000 population. Really $8000.00 does not go a long way when you talk about marketing around the Chicago land area.

Just thinking out loud guys. I have no intentions here.....OK?

Comment

Dont know what to say. I have seen them around. Dont be a number, be yourself!

Comment

Lets just put it this way
                          To work for "All clear Sewer" you have to have some Plumbing/Sewer experience/Background. If not we will teach you but if you dont pick it up, you dont have a job!
                          The #1 thing in doing sewer work is to know how a sewer works in the first place. If you cant figure it out, your down the road. I only want people that have the experience to properly diagnose whats wrong and what needs to be done to fix the problem.

The franchise couldnt care less about anything but a % or the $$$ at the end of the month....errrrrrrrrrr

national recognition dont mean CRAP unless your in LA or some other big city!

All I can say is
                          Run Forset, Run!!!!
                          Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 01-20-2009, 12:17 AM.

Comment

There is a reason that there is no Rooter Man franchise around here and i'm sure it has to do with all the things you are all saying.

I am doing just fine as First Response Drain Service and that must be why they are all over me!

Again, just thinking out loud here. This is in no way something i am considering.

They just pester me all the time and today was one of those days.

Comment

We all have slow days`s!
                              Just stick to your Gun`s and all will be well

Comment

Working...
                              X