Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Jetter day Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jetter day

    so today i towed my trailer jetter to 4 different jobs.

    3 were scheduled from the last couple weeks based on camera inspections and the last one was just 4 doors from my house.

    joey calls and ask what time i'll be home

    i tell here i'm outside and need to finish up a job and get back to the shop with my jetter.

    she walks outside and meets me with the customer.

    well as i finished, i forgot my 2 crecent wrenches on the back of the trailer. get to the shop 1 mile away and 1 was still there. park the jetter in the shop and retrace my route based on the stream of water i laid down from the 1/2'' tank drain. sort of following the yellow brick road

    about 3 blocks from the job, i spot it laying in the middle of the street. no one picked it up and it wasn't run over.

    not normal for me to forget tools, but i guess i was in a hurry to get home

    rick.
    phoebe it is

  • #2
    Re: Jetter day

    Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    so today i towed my trailer jetter to 4 different jobs.

    3 were scheduled from the last couple weeks based on camera inspections and the last one was just 4 doors from my house.

    joey calls and ask what time i'll be home

    i tell here i'm outside and need to finish up a job and get back to the shop with my jetter.

    she walks outside and meets me with the customer.

    well as i finished, i forgot my 2 crecent wrenches on the back of the trailer. get to the shop 1 mile away and 1 was still there. park the jetter in the shop and retrace my route based on the stream of water i laid down from the 1/2'' tank drain. sort of following the yellow brick road

    about 3 blocks from the job, i spot it laying in the middle of the street. no one picked it up and it wasn't run over.

    not normal for me to forget tools, but i guess i was in a hurry to get home

    rick.
    hey rick,

    if they were ridgidtm adj. wrenches you wouldn't have to worry about them getting run over.

    Vince

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Jetter day

      Rick, you know I share shop space with 3 concrete and gravel conveyor trucks right?

      Well, we were at the shop one afternoon and one of the trucks came back with a blown tire. The tire looked brand new and had no signs of a puncture evident from the outside???

      We all pitched in to get it off the truck and get the tire off the rim.

      To our surprise, we found a pair of channel locks inside the tire!!!

      They had been missing from around the shop for a very long time and no one knew where they were until then. The inside of the tire was beat up badly but looked new on the outside.

      It pays to keep track of the tools i guess. That little mistake cost my landlord several hundred dollars.

      We put them back in the tool box and still use them till this day. The rubber handle is worn off at the ends but they work just fine.
      www.firstresponsedrain.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Jetter day

        Damn rick!


        All this experience, knowledge, expertise about water jetting and how effective it is and you're afraid of a little squirt squirt between the legs, from a bidet?


        Technology is the same, both "clear" the pathway and surrounding territory.


        Best move I ever made in regards to my health and areas I can't see on a regular basis. I guess I could with mirrors but I won't go there.


        Oh wait, I did.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Jetter day

          Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
          areas I can't see on a regular basis. I guess I could with mirrors but I won't go there.

          Oh wait, I did.
          Speaking of technology, it's 2009 Dunbar. Time to get an Explorer and stop using mirrors
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Jetter day

            Rick if you worked for me I would give you a day off so you could remember to pick up your tools when done.
            I never ever forget to pick up the tools that make me my money. Well thats what I tell my helper anyway
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Jetter day

              Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
              Speaking of technology, it's 2009 Dunbar. Time to get an Explorer and stop using mirrors


              Or better yet, my micro seasnake, Heck everything else is small down there too!
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Jetter day

                Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                Damn rick!


                All this experience, knowledge, expertise about water jetting and how effective it is and you're afraid of a little squirt squirt between the legs, from a bidet?


                Technology is the same, both "clear" the pathway and surrounding territory.


                Best move I ever made in regards to my health and areas I can't see on a regular basis. I guess I could with mirrors but I won't go there.


                Oh wait, I did.
                I nominate this post as the best post since the inception of the internet!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Jetter day

                  If I had an employee that lost and missed placed tools as much as I do I would fire him.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Jetter day

                    Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                    I nominate this post as the best post since the inception of the internet!!!

                    Ahh you missed this one and I posted that on 3 other non-plumbing forums, got compliments that the lyrics are better than the original!
                    Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 01-21-2009, 06:23 PM.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Jetter day

                      There have been so man times that I have left something on a side box on the truck or on a bumper and it was still there when I got back to the shop. I suppose there may have been times when I lost something that way, but since I didn't find it I don't know.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Jetter day

                        When I worked for a company a year ago I got some 2" copper for a job from my 6" pvc pipe holder on top of van I had all kinds of cpvc pvc and copper up there, well to open it I had to use my extra large channel locks and i laid them on top of the van when I get home that night i get my mail and notice my 6" is open first I think someone stole some copper from me so I go to look and see my channels up there and all pipes still in place the only thing that i lost was the 6" cap. Wow could you imagine all the pipe and channel did not fly of there the whole day it could have killed someone.
                        You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X