No announcement yet.

Is it a collapsed line or just grease?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it a collapsed line or just grease?

Running hot water for a long time is great when cleaning your cable. However, when using enzymes, I'd think you'd kill them if you bring the pipe temperature up high enough. Re-apply the enzymes when cool!

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
      That line needs to be jetted, then set up on a enzyme injection system. Those enzyme based systems truly work for restaurants involving grease.
      BINGO!! we have a winner. enzyme injectors are great if set up and used properly.

i ihave had decent luck with Consume Liq on lines past the grease trap.

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I received a call from the restaurant owner earlier in the day telling me that the line is backing up again......a whole month after I thought I had it tackled!!!! I'm starting to think that it might be a collapsed line...maybe a bad belly in the pipe???? I don't have a jetter yet or a inspection camera so I'm gonna look into buyng one finally. If it's too expensive for right now then maybe I'll rent one....what have some of you guys paid for rental fees? Also, can I fit an average size camera head into 2" pipe? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by vette850 View Post
          I received a call from the restaurant owner earlier in the day telling me that the line is backing up again......a whole month after I thought I had it tackled!!!! I'm starting to think that it might be a collapsed line...maybe a bad belly in the pipe???? I don't have a jetter yet or a inspection camera so I'm gonna look into buyng one finally. If it's too expensive for right now then maybe I'll rent one....what have some of you guys paid for rental fees? Also, can I fit an average size camera head into 2" pipe? Thanks.
          Also consider recommending another drain cleaner that already has the equipment (camera,jetter) as if you call someone in they are not going to make it seem like you did a bad job the first time. Also you where there to help the owner you don't own his problem which is a very clogged or bad line. You probably just punched a hole in the grease that has filled back up. It is very hard to tell condition without a camera. I would always have a gut feeling but it was not proof to a customer. You could rent one if the owner is willing to foot the bill and then also pay for what needs to be done after you look at it.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

You don't have the two things you need; jet that thing clean, then camera it and make sure there is no underlying issue.

Could this be the job that makes you invest in the proper equipment? You need this gear if you are working in restaraunts. More will come if you can justify the expense for this one.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

"When you have a drain that doesn't drain.......you don't have a drain do you?
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                If chemicals worked I would not have a career.

This is by no means a scientific study but I have been seeing better results with my grease line customers who are using :K-67 Bacterial Drain and Trap Cleaner by Robic

I have been having them follow the directions on the bottle and dump the stuff right before they close at night...

I think a product "like" this one could be used as a for preventative maintenance / line rehabilitation...

(I have nothing to do with the Robic company and am not a paid spokesman nor endorse any particular product. I named a product for demonstrative purposes only )

Okie

Last edited by OkieBill; 02-18-2009, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Make sure they are flushing with only hot water when they do the floors. Had a similar problem at a Fried chicken place. Initially some one flushed T Shirts and plastic shopping bags several times. They thought that it must be grease even though I told them different. The Boss sent the Jetter out and madea huge mess. Hours after the jetting I was called back to snake the drain. It happened a few times until I found out that the water heater was not working right. It would go out then they would use cold water to clean. The grease would build up and clog. I would clean and relight the heater. They have since protected the water heater from grease and water and quit calling me.

Comment

Why is is most restaurants have all the clean outs but the one that would let you snake out the line, like it needs ???
                    Do you think the guy drawing that plumbing ever cleaned a drain ?

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                      Why is is most restaurants have all the clean outs but the one that would let you snake out the line, like it needs ???

Excluding Mcdonalds or Jack in the Box fast food(they had layouts that worked with their equipment) most drawings did not work.It was a constant balancing act trying to comply with Code,equipment and common sense.

The Architects would always Jack the job if the tradesmen were innexperienced.

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                        When I left drain cleaning to learn plumbing, I noticed that many new construction plumbers dont give a $h;t about putting in clean outs.

I found myself constantly asking, "You going to install a cleanout there?"

"Here? No, why would I put one here?" they would ask.

"No reason, a$$hole" I would think to myself.

Their attitude was, they weren't going to have to unstop it, so screw it.

Some of them looked down at drain cleaners as if they were the doctors and we were the nurses. Idiots.

Comment

Working...
                        X