Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

What to do to compete with 99.00 drain cleaning?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do to compete with 99.00 drain cleaning?

There is a large service company in our area that is advertising $99 drain cleaning regardless of the situation. Roof stacks, pulling toilets, ect.
    The problem is they are low balling to get into the home offering a $99 drain cleaning with a free camera inspection to try to get the client to replace the main sewer even if they do not need a new sewer. Any suggestions to try to compete with this?

Re: What to do to compete with 99.00 drain cleaning?

Your work and ethics will speak for themself. Companies that go for the quick buck often die off soon enough.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

There are guys here that advertise $39.95 for drain cleaning! They can not possibly be surviving on $39.95 per drain. They're just getting their foot in the door to sell, sell, sell, unnecessary work.

Before Katrina there was a guy advertising $29.95 cash only drains, in the yellow pages! He's no longer in business, or at least he's not advertising anymore. They will come and go.

Some customers have to learn the hard way. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Keep providing quality service at a reasonable price (not cheap), and you'll likely outlast them.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

You have to find out what else is added to that cost. I have found out my 1st hourly rate is comparable to the $69 drain cleaner. Trip charges, machine charges, material charges etc. It all adds up.

No one likes suprises...

Comment

i worked for a company that was $5/hr cheaper than anyone else. most of his customer's bought into it at first with the acception of his base clientel.

$45/hr all right.

the bills where at times 2 or 3 pages long.

he charged different prices for the following;

1/2", 3/4", 1", etc. lead, leadfree solder joints

1/2", etc. pipe dope joints

1/2", etc. pipe dope and tephlon joints.

1/2", etc threads

drywall anchors, the whole nine yards.

most of his customers were a one time deal. he charged them to death.

if you do good work, charge a reasonable price, your customers will keep coming back.

Vince

do you guys use repeat customers as references?

Comment

Working...
          X