X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Paul is on the Ball!!!

Check this video out on the St. Paul Public Works Sewer Utility website. They are on the ball with educating the public about their sewer system.

I bet the plumbers and drain guys love this promotion:

http://stpaul.granicus.com/MediaPlay...2&clip_id=1058
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Re: St. Paul is on the Ball!!!

I guess I wouldn't expect anything less--after all, it's in Minnesota!!

Comment

The city of St Paul is fanatical about their utilities.The video is good but fails to mention the numerous "drill holes" on the south side (Where the river makes a jog)
      What you have with these is the sewer goes out just short of the sidewalk and meets
      with a tee.Straight up is an access cap of some sort long forgotten under the lawn (1-6") and a 6" drill hole that goes to pipe lined caves under the city.With out this knowledge many a poor unsuspecting rooter can go UP the tee (Yup,not a san tee.)
      Think they are hitting a blockage and many bust off their cable and leave weeping.
      One call (business hours only) and they always give perfect dimentions on where your friendly clean out cap is and about how deep it should be buried.Then break out the pig tail head and go cable fishing.We have had folks move sidewalks,build porches and plant gardens over them.

Comment

good public service announcement.

out here, we too are responsible to the city saddle connection.

most people are shocked when they find out that they are responsible for the piping in the public right of way

we can go online and locate sewer maps with depth, and year connected, along with upper and lower manhole locations.

as a plumber/ c-36 contractor, we can't work in the public right of way. a sewer contractor or "a" class contractor can work in the public right of way.

what's the regulations in your city

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          as a plumber/ c-36 contractor, we can't work in the public right of way. a sewer contractor or "a" class contractor can work in the public right of way.
          Out of curiosity, how hard is it to get the "a" license compared to a GC "b" or your "c" license?

Comment

All I can say is "WOW"

BTW.... Rick I guess I got one over on you ..
            I am a licensed "sewer contractor" and I can and do work in public right of way`s. This next week I`ve even got a big job set up to do some work for the state
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
            X