Steam Generator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Generator

Hi guys, I've been around here reading all the stuff you guys have had to say for about a month now and never really had anything to say til now. I work for a septic company, we pump septic tanks, rent porta jons, and clean drains, along with other little things on the side. I was reading your posts about frozen lines, and I was wondering if any of you guys ever tried a steam generator for frozen mains? We use a Karcher steam generator that heats the water to 300 degrees and somewhat low pressure for all the frozen lines we do. We have a jetter head we put on the hose and it makes quick work of any ice in the lines. Just curious if any of you tried that before and how it worked for ya.

Re: Steam Generator

I have never used steam. I have seen too many melted poly water lines because someone was stuck on a fitting or something and just kept pumping away.

I had the use of a Magikist machine recently and it worked awesome but at $2700 thats a lto of money for something that "MIGHT" pay for itself in one month or 3 years.
    So I decided to build my own. So far so good. I tested it this morning and it appears to be working. I have to refine somethings and put it all together on a cart. Just waiting for my sharn to warm up now so I can stand to work outt there. BURR!!!

If all works well, I'm going to name it "Thaw King A". Say it real fast

TO THE FORUM!!!!
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Put it all together last night and tested it on a piece of frozen poly.

WAY to much pressure!!!!!
      I just put a dimmer switch on it and didn't fry myself or the pump
      It appears to work at the moment. Only ran 4gals or water through it though.

I now have to go to a sledding party so I don't have time to really test it now. I'd like to skip the sledding so I can refine this, but I haven't been spending much time with the kids lately.

The "Thawking A" will have to wait. Time for me to go break my tail bone or something. This hill is a monster.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Good to hear your machine works! Sounds like you got some fun ahead of ya sledding. I have to get myself back out in the woods to haul up another load of the wood we got cut this morning. We cut enough I could haul load after load all day and never get it all.

Comment

Working...
        X