gas jetter cart reel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas jetter cart reel

how many of you use a handy cart reel with foot pedal when operating his gas jetter? how useful is it and does it cause any drop in pressure? thank you

Re: gas jetter cart reel

Hopefully Plumberscrck will tell you his experience with a foot pedal.
    I'm pretty sure it was Plumberscrack.

I have 2 but don't use them. I just use the ball valve on my reel.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

on smaller jetters, 6gpm or less, a foot pedal is the safest product out there. you need two hands to manipulate a small jetter hose.

plus a foot pedal makes for a n easy way to pulsate a hose to make it jump/ turn.

on larger jetters, a foot pedal is too restrictive and typically you insert the hose and then turn it on.

ridgid makes a good foot pedal that has a protective foot hole around it.

a ball valve is not a dead mans control valve. a foot pedal or spray wand is. use at least a spray wand if you don't want a foot pedal.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
        Hopefully Plumberscrck will tell you his experience with a foot pedal.
        I'm pretty sure it was Plumberscrack.

I have 2 but don't use them. I just use the ball valve on my reel.
        Was hoping that incedent would be kept just between us

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14938

page 3

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          on smaller jetters, 6gpm or less, a foot pedal is the safest product out there. you need two hands to manipulate a small jetter hose.

plus a foot pedal makes for a n easy way to pulsate a hose to make it jump/ turn.

on larger jetters, a foot pedal is too restrictive and typically you insert the hose and then turn it on.

ridgid makes a good foot pedal that has a protective foot hole around it.

a ball valve is not a dead mans control valve. a foot pedal or spray wand is. use at least a spray wand if you don't want a foot pedal.

rick.
          hi
          Sorry if i didn't formulate my question correctly. I'm actually planning to buy a 4GPM/3000 PSI jetter along with some other machines to start a small drain cleaning business and the seller company also offers a handy cart-reel in addition to the one thats already mounted on the jetter for easy use in buildings while the jetter sits on the ground..

but im not quite sure of its utility and performance with regard to the pressure transmission so I hoped to hear some of your opinion about it.

Concerning the spray wand, is it used in conjunction with the handy reel such as the foot pedal.. or does it completely subsitute it?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            Was hoping that incedent would be kept just between us

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14938

page 3

not as long as it could be saving many drain cleaners' life out there including mine!
            hmm well.. at least by the time I become one
            Gene!

Comment

We used a ball valve for the 1/8" line but as Rick has posted it is not a great way to do it. We did use a foot pedal on the hose cart we would take inside for the 1/4" line. I'm sure we could have used the foot pedal on the reel for the 1/8" line as well but never did.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

We use a foot pedal all the time. If we are right next to the jet or 100 feet away. Like Rick said it frees up your hands to work the hose and keeps you in control.

Comment

Working...
                X