Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you use???

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ighlight=urine

If the 4 bladed cutters can deal with this then your problems should be easy.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

jc. i have a few customers that have identical debris in their shower. it's the soap and conditioners.

i use a brass 1.5'' tailpiece with 90 so i can't drop it into the drain

problem is your's is 3'' with 45's

the 4 blade cutter for the 1500 will fit into the 7/8'' blade holder. good call ben or a chain knocker will also work. being plastic it shouldn't be that hard to knock off the smooth walls.

and yes the general cables use the same 7/8'' and 5/8'' ridgid sectional ends.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

bizzarre... looks like mineral buildup in a urinal line... I use muriatic on the traps for those. But, if I understand, this is in the line beyond the trap, with no way to get the muriatic to sit and soak it.

Tried jetting?
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Ace, this is the entrance of the shower drain. Just a few inches into the vertical pipe that enters the P-trap.

I poured a quart of Hercules Sizzle on it.
          1/3 of the quart all over it. Let it sit about 10 minutes.
          1/3 more. Let it sit about 10 minutes.
          Last 1/3 & let it sit while I go and check water heaters & toilets. About 15 minutes.

Didn't do much to it that I could tell. Possibly softened or loosened it some but not much. Still crunchy & stuck when I went to work on it.

No jetter.

J.C.

Comment

I run into this stuff all the time as well, and I also use a long screwdrive and a wet vac but I have not had any offsets.

What about one of those chimney brushes with the stiff bristles? Cut it to length and chuck it into your drill.
            "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

I thunk of that yesterday and started looking for one.

Not sure if it's stiff enough but I'd be willing to give it a try.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                I thunk of that yesterday and started looking for one.

Not sure if it's stiff enough but I'd be willing to give it a try.

Thanks.

J.C.
                Of course, you did. And I understand the sap of a RB tree will loosen that stuff right up. Too bad you don't have any around dem dar parts.

I guess you've bent the heck out of a 1/4" cable in your k-39 or supervee and put that through so that it whacks the walls on the way down.
                "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                  Of course, you did. And I understand the sap of a RB tree will loosen that stuff right up. Too bad you don't have any around dem dar parts.

I guess you've bent the heck out of a 1/4" cable in your k-39 or supervee and put that through so that it whacks the walls on the way down.
                  I didn't thunk of that myself. Gear Junkie tipped me off. But I did think of the brush.

J.C.

Comment

If you've already tried bending a 1/4" cable, how about taking one of those little luggage locks (a pack of three is less than $5.00) and lock it onto the end of your cable after attaching 3 or 4 pcs of chain to it.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                      If you've already tried bending a 1/4" cable, how about taking one of those little luggage locks (a pack of three is less than $5.00) and lock it onto the end of your cable after attaching 3 or 4 pcs of chain to it.
                      Thanks Tim. You're thinking cheap like me. I was gonna' bread tie some chicken bones on the end but you're way might be better.

A three piece & a drink costs more than $5.00.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

A three piece & a drink costs more than $5.00.

J.C.
                        You should know...

Comment

Working...
                        X