Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
gmp or psi? need advice Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • gmp or psi? need advice

    hi as I probably mentioned in my previous thread I want to buy a jetter to start a drain cleaning career.

    Now among the ones ive seen, there are two that I liked most and I need to make a choice soon. one is 4gpm 3000psi and the other 5.5gpm but with lower psi 2000 (they're from different manufacturers)

    I first thought i'd go for the 5.5gmp as I prefer something stronger, but now this pressure issue got me totally confused.. and i'm not quiete sure anymore which one is really stronger in performance.
    Any idea? thanks!

  • #2
    Re: gmp or psi? need advice

    the 3000# at 4 gpm is a better unit.

    the 5.5 at 2000# is a little underpowered once you take away for friction/ pressure loss.

    both should be 13h.p

    rick.
    phoebe it is

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: gmp or psi? need advice

      Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      the 3000# at 4 gpm is a better unit.

      the 5.5 at 2000# is a little underpowered once you take away for friction/ pressure loss.

      both should be 13h.p

      rick.
      I bet you they are the same machine as in change the tip orifice and now the 5.5 @2000 now is 4 gpm at 3000 psi so buying either machine the results are the same with the jetter tip and hode that you buy and put on.
      Seattle Drain Service

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: gmp or psi? need advice

        ok thanks for the input!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: gmp or psi? need advice

          Originally posted by Cuda View Post
          I bet you they are the same machine as in change the tip orifice and now the 5.5 @2000 now is 4 gpm at 3000 psi so buying either machine the results are the same with the jetter tip and hode that you buy and put on.
          can't be. the pump is a positive displacement. it has a certain volume at a certain rpm. i rather doubt that the maker would vary the rpm that drastically to increase/ decrease the volume close to 50%.

          chances are the 5.5 @ 2000 is a more expensive pump.

          now a sump pump/ centrifugal pump will vary the gpm at different head pressures. but then again they are usually high volume low pressure pumps.

          rick.
          phoebe it is

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: gmp or psi? need advice

            Originally posted by sunseeker View Post
            hi as I probably mentioned in my previous thread I want to buy a jetter to start a drain cleaning career.

            Now among the ones ive seen, there are two that I liked most and I need to make a choice soon. one is 4gpm 3000psi and the other 5.5gpm but with lower psi 2000 (they're from different manufacturers)

            I first thought i'd go for the 5.5gmp as I prefer something stronger, but now this pressure issue got me totally confused.. and i'm not quiete sure anymore which one is really stronger in performance.
            Any idea? thanks!
            Listen,go with Rick's advice.

            Take a deep breath,jump right on in,and come back and give us your success stories.

            (P.S)The water's are not that deep,but start small.
            Kenneth Collier
            Maintenance and Sewer

            P.O. Box 9441
            Jackson, MS 39206
            (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
            drainman881999@yahoo.com

            Comment

            Working...
            X