X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Poo on your hands???

I can handle the boys poop. Ya never know what diseases or substances could be in some folks stuff though

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    I would have loved seeing the expressions on your face changing one of the twins diapers for the first few times.
    Last edited by Josh; 01-28-2009, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
      Stop by your local farm store. They have the cow gloves that go up to your shoulder.
      I have a bunch. They are good for feeling around in deep water for the clean out, or cleaning out house traps.
      you must have better ones than I can find, you get up in a cow, either preg checking which you go in the top opening to feel for the calf in the uterus, or if your trying to help a cow calf, you go in the bottom opening and when you get in up to your arm pit it seems like all the glove is up around your arm, and about then she pushes and smashes your fingers against some solid part of the calf, as your trying to get the feet rearranged, or what ever, and if you ever find your self in this situation remove your rings and watch, you can lose them in there,

the gloves help some, in that situation but I would bet they would help more in drain cleaning as you usually are not trying to force you hand in against some trying to escape,

I have used them in working on the tank floats in water that is 32, degrees, and they help a lot in ice water, dry cold is much better than wet cold.

tho really the vet gloves are a good tip,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I wear latex gloves,

Coveralls,

Rubber boots,

I have not found a pair of safety glasses,that works with my eyeglasses.still looking.

Still wonder why people like to expose theirselves in public,often under conditions such as Lenny posted.But since people do so,it's BIG BUSINESS all the way.
        Kenneth Collier
        Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
        Jackson, MS 39206
        (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
        drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by drainman881999 View Post
          I have not found a pair of safety glasses,that works with my eyeglasses.still looking.
          Just curious. Have you looked into prescription safety glasses? On some other forums people have gotten ones that even fit into a respirator.

My regular glasses slip under safety glasses. They are kind of small, because my prescription is so bad, that even with the highest index lenses, they are more 1/4" thick in small frames, in big frames they would be like 1/2" thick. I have thought about getting prescription ones to act as a spare, and also so I don't need to wear my $500 regular glasses while doing stuff. Also, when my daughter (18 months old) hid my glasses over the weekend, it was very sucky being blind for 30 minutes while looking for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            I cant handle the boys poop. Ya never know what diseases or substances could be in some folks stuff though
            Josh,it is a habit easily picked up. Get broke or hungry and and its comes to you faster.

All joking aside,You could become a master drain tech. quickly.You know all the right people.
            Kenneth Collier
            Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
            Jackson, MS 39206
            (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
            drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Started wearing latex gloves in 1988. Was made fun of, people were calling me a surgeon, doctor wannabe. Wore the white ones and had to go to medical supply stores to buy them.

They broke easy and the powder inside them I'm highly allergic to. Been wearing gloves constantly from that time, except I now wear nitrile hi-hazard gloves that are blue, thick and hold up great.

I cringe when I see pictures of plumbing work on these sites with plumbers bare-handing anything related to plumbing.

It doesn't matter if I'm rebuilding a faucet; those gloves are on and they protect me from repeated exposures of the nasty, keep the germs out of the cuts/burns/scrapes and slows down the transfer of bad stuff to anything outside of my work life.

Some plumbers state they can't get used to it, I say if you have a family, you got no excuse; get the damn gloves on and protect your loved ones. Don't be selfish and deal with the discomfort till you can't work without them.

We deal with some horrific stuff, our immune systems are built to fight it, but the innocent people we're around, are not.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                Just curious. Have you looked into prescription safety glasses? On some other forums people have gotten ones that even fit into a respirator.

My regular glasses slip under safety glasses. They are kind of small, because my prescription is so bad, that even with the highest index lenses, they are more 1/4" thick in small frames, in big frames they would be like 1/2" thick. I have thought about getting prescription ones to act as a spare, and also so I don't need to wear my $500 regular glasses while doing stuff. Also, when my daughter (18 months old) hid my glasses over the weekend, it was very sucky being blind for 30 minutes while looking for them.
                No,But I will,March is when I update the eye exam,and purchase new eyewear.Thanks.
                Kenneth Collier
                Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                Jackson, MS 39206
                (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Ha.. I misstyped when i said I "can't" handle the boys. Their poop is clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                    I just straight up couldnt do what you guys do. I wouldnt be comfortable in that stall with anything less than a has mat suit on.
                    There is a carpet cleaner around here that puts on a tyveck suit, googles and a resperator when he is vacuuming a little sewage up. It might be over board but I think it has great effect on the customer.

I'd like to do it for effect but dang that stuff is hot!!!

Comment

Poo on my hands? Heck I've got poo all over me, or at least bacteria. I don't think that it's possible to keep myself or my van CLEAN. I might appear clean, I keep myself and my equipment free of anything that will leave a mark, but I'm sure the bacteria is just everywhere. I concentrate on making sure not to touch my face, and making sure to wash my hands as much as possible, and always before eating.

I wear gloves, but more for abrasion/injury prevention than cleanliness.

I'll take poo over grease trap waste any day.
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Some years ago one of the wives figured out why the gay men are hot for the plumbers.
                        Poo is the smell of hot sex!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
                          Some years ago one of the wives figured out why the gay men are hot for the plumbers.
                          Poo is the smell of hot sex!

Dude, that was sick!!!

I stay away from all male to male bonding crap.

Here's what I've come to love, a pleasantly plump jessica simpson.

Woooohoooooo!!!!
                          Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 01-28-2009, 11:43 PM.
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I go through two boxes a month. And that is just for me! I wear my latex gloves for everything drain related. I may come home with my clothes stinking, but my hand don't stink!
                            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Yeah it's impossible to be 80% clean, much less 100%. Many times I've undressed by my washing machine to put my clothes right in, but I don't want to invite problems by not protecting my hands.

I knew a plumber who would eat lunch without cleaning his hands.

The first time I saw him eating a sandwich with dirty hands, I asked if he ever got sick from doing that.

He said "What? My hands are dry, I'll be fine."

To each his own, I guess.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                                Dude, that was sick!!!

I stay away from all male to male bonding crap.

Here's what I've come to love, a pleasantly plump jessica simpson.

Woooohoooooo!!!!
                                She's juicy.

That bass player looks so happy....

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X