Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Poo on your hands???

Originally posted by Josh View Post
    I just straight up couldnt do what you guys do. I wouldnt be comfortable in that stall with anything less than a has mat suit on.
    I`ll just tell em my snake might only be 3/4" but it`s 125` long and is mean as hell
    It`s all in a days work
    you gotta do, what you gotta do
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      She's juicy.

That bass player looks so happy....

J.C.
      Too juicy for me, I'll take Ashley instead

She's had too long a vacation since "The Dukes of Hazard"

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Dunno about gay guys, but dogs sure love the way I smell lol.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
          I just straight up couldnt do what you guys do. I wouldnt be comfortable in that stall with anything less than a has mat suit on.

...and a chastity belt

Lenny

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
            I wear gloves as well. Dont for get the glasses!
            I really should use glasses but don't. You got me thinking about it now. I'm going to look into getting a pair.

Lenny

Comment

I think some day drain cleaners are going to look back at us and think we are crazy for not wearing a face sheild. They will look at us and say, they were smart enough to use gloves but they wouldn't cover there eyes and mouth. What were they thinking?

Then another drain cleaner will say, What do you expect thats back when they still used Toilet paper. Ya those guys were weird back then.

Comment

With all the poo we work with it does't seem as if we are anymore sick then the general public. And I do wear latex gloves and safty glasses with side sheildls.

Comment

What KILLS me is the dumbing down of our job by our own profession! By this I mean the $49 drain call. Is that how much its worth to deal with a line full of poop,blood,saliva,bloodborne diseases...the list can go on!

The homeowner will begin to expect a price, and we lose from there!

Comment

What KILLS me is the dumbing down of our job by our own profession! By this I mean the $49 drain call. Is that how much its worth to deal with a line full of poop,blood,saliva,bloodborne diseases...the list can go on!

The homeowner will begin to expect a price, and we lose from there!
                    That isn't a problem around here. The guys that don't charge much, they also don't have much exposure, and their level of service isn't very good. The cheapest drain-cleaner is town is VERY SLOW. So the cheap companies basically don't even work much at all. The higher priced companies dominate the drain-cleaning market. Because they can actually afford all the equipment, they come out 24 hours, and they have the marketing advantages.
                    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Well, you are lucky then! Here, we have stiff competition for drain cleaning...(I know why, but its a heated political debate). I am told a lot that I am higher, I hold my ground and hope to pick up a call or two!

Good for you!

Comment

Well, you are lucky then! Here, we have stiff competition for drain cleaning...(I know why, but its a heated political debate). I am told a lot that I am higher, I hold my ground and hope to pick up a call or two!

Good for you!
                        I think there is a thread about that already. If not, start one! I would be glad to join in.
                        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I bet there is not a single customer that actually got their drain cleaned and the tech out the door for that $49. It's an ad gimmick to get in the customer's door, then rip them off.
                          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

This thread has to have the most thread drift of any on the forum. Let's see.....first we went into the gay talk, then poo, back to gay, little bit of diaper changing, gloves here and there, prescription glasses, Dunbar actually got disgusted by someone else's comment, fat jessica(just more to hold on to), danced around the 49 drain cleaner and somehow the entire thread just seemed to make sense. I'm here wayyyy to much.

Now that being said-I by the blue automotive gloves at advance auto. I never tried the snap on but the advance auto gloves work great and from the description, they sound like the same thing.
                            Last edited by gear junkie; 01-29-2009, 02:22 PM.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              This thread has to have the most thread drift of any on the forum. Let's see.....first we went into the gay talk, then poo, back to gay, little bit of diaper changing, gloves here and there, prescription glasses, Dunbar actually got disgusted by someone else's comment, fat jessica(just more to hold on to), danced around the 49 drain cleaner and somehow the entire thread just seemed to make sense. I'm here wayyyy to much.

Now that being said-I by the blue automotive gloves at advance auto. I never tried the snap on but the advance auto gloves work great and from the description, they sound like the same thing.
                              Your right, this thread took on a life of its own.

Alot of good & varied responses.

...but yeah, Latex or nitrile gloves are great, even my smilie wears them.

Lenny

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                                Yeah it's impossible to be 80% clean, much less 100%. Many times I've undressed by my washing machine to put my clothes right in, but I don't want to invite problems by not protecting my hands.

I knew a plumber who would eat lunch without cleaning his hands.

The first time I saw him eating a sandwich with dirty hands, I asked if he ever got sick from doing that.

He said "What? My hands are dry, I'll be fine."

To each his own, I guess.
                                I used to have a restaurant supply business back in the late 80's.
                                I was delivering to a big catering hall that had a big sewer back up,
                                and there was a foot of raw sewage in the parking lot. There was a
                                drain cleaning guy standing in the middle of it with rubber boots on
                                eating a sandwich with bare hands. He turned and looked at me
                                and smiled with a snaggle tooth grin and rubbed his fingers together
                                and said "Cha-Ching!" I can still see that guys face clear as day
                                and it cracks me up still. I bet that guy had the immune tolerance level
                                of a sewer rat!LOL!!

Comment

Working...
                                X