Thawking a

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thawking a

So this is the almost completed "THAWKING A" (say it fast).

It has been tested on 2 real world frozen well lines and preformed just as well as the $2700 Magikist machine.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gene Bickford; 02-01-2009, 05:22 PM. Reason: spelling
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: Thawking a

I tried some more pics but having trouble with uploading pics lately???????
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Gene,

did you make that yourself?

Vince

Comment

Very Cool Gene

What is it?

What does it do?

Where can I buy one?

Comment

i bet rick doesn't have one
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
            i bet rick doesn't have one

i sure do

i have the same exact wire welder

what do i need a thawer for

i needed to run the a/c today in my truck

please post some photos of this. is it some form of a hot box for your jetter?

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

The "THAWKING A" is used to thaw water mains.
              As it is, it's best use is for well lines, but with very little work it will be ready for town/city service lines.

That pic was a kind of before pic. For some reason I am not able to post the 'next to finished product'. I have painted the case black and have flames coming up from the bottom and looks friggin cool.

I am quite proud of it as I have never worked with sheet metal and yesterday that case was a flat piece of 24" X 36" sheet metal.

I just wish I could post some pics of what it's like now, but each time I try I just get 'UPLOAD FAILED'.

Comment

but each time I try I just get 'UPLOAD FAILED'
                Check file size (max size varies for each file type) and file format (JPG, GIF, PNG, etc) are correct.
                "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Thanks Bob, it was the file size. I've been having problems with my photo program so I over looked the obvious, some how my camera settings were changed.

here is the almost finished results. I'm going to have my graphics guy make a decal.
                  Attached Files

Comment

very nice Gene.

it's amazing what one can do with a little imagination.

to get myself started, i'm going to get one of those cheap high pressure car washers and adapt it to jet frozen water and sewer lines.

i don't know how long it will work for, but i'm hoping long enough to buy/build a heavy duty one.

thanks for the pics.

Vince

Comment

Thanks Vince,
                      A few days ago the case/hood was just a 24" X30" piece of sheet metal.
                      I think I did a pretty good job for never having worked with it before. It's amazing what some cutting, bending,welding, A LOT of grinding (I suck at welding), some bondo, a LOT of sanding (turns out I suck at bondo too), some paint/primer, and some old school flame decals can do.
                      I'm sure a Tin Man would have a field day with me, But I like how it came out.

Comment

looks good let us know how it works!
                        Mike
                        Clark County Plumbing And Drain
                        www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Got enough work thawing to pay for the insurance? I looked into that a while ago and it would send my ins through the roof to add thawing.
                          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                            Thanks Bob, it was the file size. I've been having problems with my photo program so I over looked the obvious, some how my camera settings were changed.

here is the almost finished results. I'm going to have my graphics guy make a decal.
                            Save your photos on your HD at whatever resolution you took them at, but when it comes time to post one just right click and resize it to 640x480, even 800x600 will work and still be big enough in most cases to view.
                            Name:  06fff71f289c422278882b64a1ddb479.png
Views: 1
Size:  48.7 KB

Name:  a2b54fb379abfcb156a26926bed6c328.png
Views: 1
Size:  23.5 KB

If you don't have the image resizer powertoy installed, go here and get it:
                            http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
                            Scroll down and find Image Resizer, and while you are there grab all the other powertoys for Windows XP.

DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT try to use these on Vista, they will not work except for maybe one or two of them. You will do more harm than good, and you will be cursing the day you downloaded and installed them under Vista (or at least tried to install).

None of the XP powertoys were incorporated into Vista unfortunately, and Microsoft has yet to release any powertoys for Vista. Microsoft Powertoys got their start under Windows 95, and there have been Powertoys that worked on every version of Windows since up until Vista.

There is a powertoy like image resizer for Vista. I use it on my Vista computers. I will have to look and see if I can find the source for it. Took me a couple weeks to turn it up over a year ago, but it works fine and exactly like the XP Image Resizer powertoy.
                            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Thanks Bob, but guess what? I have POS Vista.
                              I can resize with what I have, but it's a process.

The problem I'm having with my photo program:
                              When loading pic's from card, program stops.
                              pop up says something to the effect of: Com Surrogate has closed this program to prevent data excursion.

Comment

Working...
                              X