X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Wish me luck

Well I got sick of turning away all the plumbing business that would come my way while doing drain cleaning and my maintance jobs that I changed my Business name to Seattle Drain Service And Plumbing. Got the bond and changed my insurance. And hired a journeyman. This will get me my hours in above the table to take my state test. As I have been an apprentice for over 20 years. But as I got old I have had too many mortgage payments to go work for someone else and take the pay cut. This way my hours count and can go take the test. I have been plumbing since 1982 starting with my uncle who had his own big shop and I have always wanted to be a plumber/owner since way back then. Plus I need to learn code venting better and this will get me there.
    Last edited by Cuda; 02-03-2009, 10:04 PM.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Well Wish me luck

GOOD LUCK YOU WILL NEED IT ! !

BEST WISH'S
    JERRYMAC
    E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
    FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
    SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Good luck! I am a plumber changing my company to a primarily sewer and drain company, but I am keeping my plumbing license, tools and stock. Like you said, why turn away all the plumbing calls? I still plan on doing lots of plumbing repairs and repipes.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Best of luck,since you have the skills,you will make it.
        Kenneth Collier
        Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
        Jackson, MS 39206
        (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
        drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Good luck! Sounds like a pretty decent way to expand!
          A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Very good business decision. I wish you luck and keep us posted as we are here to support you.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Good Luck.

I keep asking myself if I should try hiring my journeyman plumber brother, but don't know if I'm turning enough work away to support him. Got to pay him, worker's comp., more gas, more risk.

Still enjoying being small for now with my sewer and drain, video, jet work.

Think I'll wait a few more years. I prefer slow growth, for now.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

I too am turning down lots of calls lately because I don't own any sewer machines. I really prefer doing the service and repair/pex re-pipes/remodel work. I'm kind of waiting to find someone closing their business and buy all their equipment and save a ton of cash! Money is a bit tight right now and people are hiring the handymen to do what we do. Good luck!

Comment

Good Luck
                  Mike
                  Clark County Plumbing And Drain
                  www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

You are going down the road I know I will eventually have to travel. I'm no plumber and have never pretended to be; I am a drain cleaner. I've long felt the day would come when I'd be required to become a plumber to continue to clean drains, and figured I'd hire a plumber, learn a little and expand a little when it finally happened. I'm in a similar position where I can't take the pay cut to shut the drain cleaning down to go to work for someone else to get the hours in. Hope it works out for you.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

"Do it all in ONE call!" << That's where knowledge/licensing will take you.

Okay, everybody owes me a dollar for sharing that.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                        "Do it all in ONE call!" << That's where knowledge/licensing will take you.

Okay, everybody owes me a dollar for sharing that.
                        ....take plastic?
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Here, you cannot contract plumbing work without a plumbing contractor's license. It would do a drain cleaner no good to hire a journeyman plumber.

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                            Here, you cannot contract plumbing work without a plumbing contractor's license. It would do a drain cleaner no good to hire a journeyman plumber.
                            Same here in Washington that why I got the plumbing contractors license the bond modified my insurance and hired the journeyman.
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by cuda View Post
                              same here in washington that why i got the plumbing contractors license the bond modified my insurance and hired the journeyman.

:d

Comment

Working...
                              X