Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you like the electric eel model c machine?

What do you think of the electric eel model c sectional machine appose to the spartan 2001 drum model?

Re: How do you like the electric eel model c machine?

it's almost identical to the general #88 machine i have.

it will clear anything that's still intact.

but what i use is the timberwolf drill to turn those 10' sections and no need to lug the rolling unit.

i also have the ridgid 1500.

here's the comparison to the 2 types of machines.

the eel and general rotate the cable via a gearbox and motor. the cable lays on the ground ahead of the machine and spins to wind its way into the drain. as you approach the end of the cable, you connect another 10' section and continue.

the 1500 sets up within a few feet of the opening and the cable is laid out behind the machine in the rear guide hose. you feed and release the cable spins and stops.

the 1500 is better for indoor than the eel or general.

for outdoors with room to lay out cable the eel and general are faster than a 1500.

then you have the drum machine.

no need to explain how that works.

but what i can tell you, is if the 1.25'' sectional can't clear it, neither will the drum. and yes, i've cleared lines with the sectional that the drum couldn't do.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      it's almost identical to the general #88 machine i have.

it will clear anything that's still intact.

but what i use is the timberwolf drill to turn those 10' sections and no need to lug the rolling unit.

i also have the ridgid 1500.

here's the comparison to the 2 types of machines.

the eel and general rotate the cable via a gearbox and motor. the cable lays on the ground ahead of the machine and spins to wind its way into the drain. as you approach the end of the cable, you connect another 10' section and continue.

the 1500 sets up within a few feet of the opening and the cable is laid out behind the machine in the rear guide hose. you feed and release the cable spins and stops.

the 1500 is better for indoor than the eel or general.

for outdoors with room to lay out cable the eel and general are faster than a 1500.

then you have the drum machine.

no need to explain how that works.

but what i can tell you, is if the 1.25'' sectional can't clear it, neither will the drum. and yes, i've cleared lines with the sectional that the drum couldn't do.

rick.
      Yes but do you own a K-500?

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Yes but do you own a K-500?

Mark
        mark, i'm only 45

you've got more years than me

but i do know someone that does

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

in my company i came up using electric eel model c machines....thats my main sewer machine....but drum machines have a versatility to them everything you need is there......with the sectional......its time consuming....i believe it really comes to personal preference really.....if your asking about versatility and getting in and out quickly.....id say a drum machine...like a spartan is a great choice like the 300 model.....but as far as overall cleaning power....id go with the eel anytime.....plus it you hit a hard stoppage there is an internal clutch built in so you dont have to worry about blowing the brushes as it u used a holehawg persay to spin the cable....but remember though if you r working in a city envronment where the liklyhood of gong up and down bsmt steps is a definate possibiliity 2 men will be needed for the eel unless your price is hourly to make it worth your while for the added man power

Comment

I grew up with the eel a lot of power. If you can stretch out a few sections of the 8 Ft cable it is faster but it gets stuck more then the Ridgid by drilling the cable out in reverse a root wad will open up and catch on a tight spot the Ridgid keeps the roots tight wound. And a Ridgid will balk down on a hard stoppage an eel with a tight clutch will go through a lot without you knowing. I only use mine to get my Ridgid unstuck. A loser clutch will help but most people I know tighten them screws to where the clutch wont slip. It is ether do or die.

Comment

all ive ever used is a eel, its almost took me down a cleanout a couple of times. but it gets it every time. i use the eel for anything from 3'' to 6'' for hard blockages and a k-3000 for anything soft or slow.
              "Do it so you can go to sleep at night."

Comment

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
                I grew up with the eel a lot of power. If you can stretch out a few sections of the 8 Ft cable it is faster but it gets stuck more then the Ridgid by drilling the cable out in reverse a root wad will open up and catch on a tight spot the Ridgid keeps the roots tight wound. And a Ridgid will balk down on a hard stoppage an eel with a tight clutch will go through a lot without you knowing. I only use mine to get my Ridgid unstuck. A loser clutch will help but most people I know tighten them screws to where the clutch wont slip. It is ether do or die.

I'm not understanding this ???

Comment

whats he saying is with the eel/ general, you run the machine/ cable in reverse to retrieve the cable. this has a tendency to unwind the tightly packed roots and open up the root ball. you can still retrieve in the forward direction, but you're fighting the natural wind/ screw thread affect. of course you can always manhandle the cables out.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Or hit it with the proper cutter head and hit it with multiple passes.
                    Will Rogers Plumbing
                    Moore, Oklahoma
                    (
                    405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                      Or hit it with the proper cutter head and hit it with multiple passes.

Please tell...........

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                        Please tell...........

I start by sending in the 12" flexible spear head(2 3/8" diameter) to get it following. Depending on what comes back, most of the time roots, then I send in the HDD-4S(3" diameter spiral root saw) or the A-2-3DC(3" diameter Spear head). After I get enough passes to not have any obstructions I pull out the camera and inspect what I've done. If more cutting in needed I send in a finish cutter (4" x 6" expanding cutter or my biggest root saw I can send in).

Most of my sewer calls take 2-3 hours, but rarely if ever have a call back.
                        Will Rogers Plumbing
                        Moore, Oklahoma
                        (
                        405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                        http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Working...
                        X