X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid k-380 ..cable possibilities??

I have an older k-380 1/3 hp with 3/8"x 75' or 100' cable bought at home cheapo in 1996 or so came with abit set bit set..after using it awhile the cable kinked and i was thinking of going to buy a 1/2" or 5/8" x 75' replacement cable..do i need need new bits for a thicker cable? wheres the cheapest place to get it from? ..anyone know what max size i can go wit ? 50' is to short for me so i think 75' might work..Cant afford the biggies yet so id like to get this one up and running again?? Your thoughts/comments appreciated!! Great forum!!

Re: Ridgid k-380 ..cable possibilities??

1/2" x 75 feet is the largest cable that can be used in a K-380. Its a good cable for 3" floor drains. I had the 1/2" cable originally, but I switched to the smaller 3/8" cable because it is much better for kitchen sink stoppages and other smaller diameter drains. The heads on 3/8" cable and 1/2" cable are interchangeable, same connector.
    Anything larger than that, then I go to BIG machines. K-60 with 7/8" open-wind or K-7500 with 3/4" innercore cable
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I still have the RIDGID 1/2" 75 foot innercore CABLE. Slightly used, very good condition. I need to sell it, as it just sits in a box lately.

Comment

SG, do you ever use your K-60 with 5/8"?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
          I do but only because I don't have my K-50 on the truck right now. If I had them both on the truck I would not use the K-60 on 5/8".

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
            I used to at an old company I worked at...only because they had no drum machines! But I might be getting some 5/8 open wind for my K-60 eventually, just to know I have it if I ever want to use it.

Comment

I have used 5/8" open wind with the General and it has worked well.

J.C.

Comment

Sevice guy nailed it!! I had a 1/2 cable also, very stiff only good for stack bases and 3" floor drains. I purchased a 3/8" cable and now im in love with it. You have to remember that the K-380 is only for "soft" clogs.

Comment

who would sell the 5/8'x75 cable and k-60 parts on the net?? dont laugh but any chance of using my k-60 sectional cable/bits with the 380?? my k-6o machine is broke ..a clutch assy piece fell off and so did belt ..need to get the parts.I have a 17 year old machine k-60 pro-60 but cant find the clutch marked A-3295 and belt A3301 any ideas?? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ashleymc View Post
                    who would sell the 5/8'x75 cable and k-60 parts on the net?? dont laugh but any chance of using my k-60 sectional cable/bits with the 380?? my k-6o machine is broke ..a clutch assy piece fell off and so did belt ..need to get the parts.I have a 17 year old machine k-60 pro-60 but cant find the clutch marked A-3295 and belt A3301 any ideas?? thanks
                    Have you had any luck with Ridge Tool?

Comment

Working...
                    X