X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: auger marks in WC

I'm pretty sure EVERYTHING is crazy expensive in Rankin Inlet.
    Didn't you post pics of prices at the grocery store once? A liter of diet Coke was like 8 bucks?
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
      I'm pretty sure EVERYTHING is crazy expensive in Rankin Inlet.
      Didn't you post pics of prices at the grocery store once? A liter of diet Coke was like 8 bucks?
      yeah, that was a while back.

price has probably gone up some since then.

last years fuel resupply happened when the price of fuel was through the roof so we'll have a fixed high price until next years resupply.

all of the people that own large displacement engines are a little light footed these days.

Vince

this is why sometimes a guy have to figure out a differnt solution and go with it. thankfully, i got you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        plungers don't mark and work 90% of the time

don't you have the rubber boot on the end of the auger?

the only time i see a scratch is when the auger has flipped over trying to get through the horn.

rick.

But which plunger? I use those blue accordian style ones. It wqrks much better than the traditional style

Wes

Comment

Man you got it ruff. acid is $ 2.50 a gal. coke is $ 1.00 here.

Comment

Magic eraser works for me.

Comment

I didn't know anything got the marks out, learning something new here. I just learned a long time ago, to not scratch the porcelain.

I like the 6 ft augers. Not for the extension, which is almost never needed, but because the bigger tube fits into the drain better, giving you better control. With the rubber boot, I haven't scratched a commode in many years.

If you're flipping the auger in the commode, pull the commode to get the object out or replace the auger. It's probably too worn and/or kinked if it's flipping often.

Like Rick said - plunger works 90% of the time. Of course, the customer will find the price harder to swallow if they see you use a plunger.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post

Like Rick said - plunger works 90% of the time. Of course, the customer will find the price harder to swallow if they see you use a plunger.

That's why I don't do it, it's like being a hack. Of course, if you're working for peanuts to begin with, then doing it cheap matches the talent. The chances of blowing that wax ring out is significant and I won't take that chance just because I can.

No matter what, I don't put marks in the toilet, ever. The closet auger has a rubber sleep on the bend that prevents that. Otherwise the customer has a legit complaint about the damage created.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                X