X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auger marks in WC

do any of you know if there is anything else "other" than muriatic (i can't find correct spelling) acid to remove the marks left behind by the auger in the bowl?

Vince

the reason i'm asking is because that type of stuff has to be flown in and there are dangerous goods charges and special packing rules because it's an acid

Re: auger marks in WC

Pumice stone will do the job, with a bit of elbow grease.
    sigpic
    www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

plungers don't mark and work 90% of the time

don't you have the rubber boot on the end of the auger?

the only time i see a scratch is when the auger has flipped over trying to get through the horn.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

The marks will go away. I have a good boot and it leaves a black mark that dose go away after time.
        Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
        1-920-284-7471

Comment

I use a product called Santeen.It's distribution is locally from Hopkins MN.
          Their product ends up in Ace and true value hardware stores and 3 of the local wholesale houses.Your mileage may vary.I use this stuff and go behind with a toilet brush.Works perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

the only time i see a scratch is when the auger has flipped over trying to get through the horn.

rick.
            i hear you about the plunger rick.

most of the blockages i deal with are removed with the plunger. it amazing how much pressure/suction one can produce using the right technique.

the augers i use now have the rubber/plastic sleeve. but sometimes when i have to work hard with the auger, ultimately, some marks do occur.

Vince

i just don't like leaving those marks behind because i like to leave the WC cleaner than when i got there. just one on of my quirks.

Comment

I use mr. clean magic eraser.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                Most of the time,when I see a clogged toliet,it's a piece of wire,children blocks,underarm deodrant containers,q-tips,tee shirts,etc;

I dislike when its grease/styrofoam mixed together.
                -
                Kenneth Collier
                Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                Jackson, MS 39206
                (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Vince believe it or not, fine sandpaper works really good a buddy told me to try it I diddnt think it would work but it took every scuff of it.
                  You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

What's wrong with muriatic? It works great.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                      as Vince said, it has to be flown in, and has a few extra charges tacked on to it, so it's just pricier for him than for us.
                      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Pumice stone always works for me.

Comment

I use my orange gritty hand cleaner, I have it with me anyway and it works great!
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            I use mr. clean magic eraser.

I'll have to try one of those, they, surprisingly, work pretty good around the house. I've been meaning to keep one in the van anyway, for scuff marks and such.
                            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                              sorry, i should have explained a little.

because it has to be flown in, dangerous goods charges right off the bat.

i believe, but i could be wrong 'cause i've been wrong before (many, many times) this is what the packaging requirements are for acids on aircraft.

factory container in an aprroved plasic bag with approved closure.

this goes into an approved metal container filled with an approved absorbant material surrounding the acid.

it's a little bit much to do for 1 little container of acid. and unless your going to get it in bulk, it's not worth it.

the only other alternitive is to bring it in on the yearly sealift and keep it in a warm area. heating fuel is expensive up here so the less "stuff" we have to keep warm, the better.

i must say, there's alot of good ideas out there.

thank-you all.

Vince

churchill, manitoba is literally the end of the railroad.

that's about 300 miles south of where i sit.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X