A new one for me!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new one for me!!

I had a call Saturday, a landlord call and asked how far I could clean out a main line, I said how long is it? She said about 100’ sure I can. She had stated that 2 others she called could only do 85’ LOL

Ok no on the basics of the story, I ran in my ¾ IC cable in about 15’ stuck as stuck can be. This is a duplex that is 8 months old. I had call the owner and told them the situation. She was pissed as pissed can be.

She called the plumber who did the new construction. Well after looking at the lay out we found out what the problem was.

The main is common between the duplex.

Main is 4” all tie ins are 3”.

The just of this story is the guy who plumed it in ran this half of the duplex in to the drain tile vent, “radon vent “so for 8 months all the waste was going in to the drain tile….

So to fix my end , could not retrieve the cable and cutter, so I cut it billed for 5 hours and my lost equipment. Even tried a high lift to try to pull it out…
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Re: A new one for me!!

Does 3" meet code ? Can't be smaller than main roof vent under aggregate rule.
    This was inspected ? What licensed HACKS. Just a dumb Carpenter .
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

That's a huge bit of informatiion for those in the future going in on a rough-in.One can only assume what is under the slab.Obviously two different plumbing contractors.

Comment

I’m sorry I did not look that close at pip size, I was more concerned about getting stuck in a new duplex and it being my fault.

It was an owner of a plumbing companies worker.

So be careful running from roof vents LOL

That’s a big one for the inspector to miss.
        Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
        1-920-284-7471

Comment

So be careful running from roof vents

A very important statement right there, a reason I'd never try to unclog a drain from such a distance.

You're putting yourself so much further from the drain and that means more cable is at risk.

Aside from that...you take the risk of being held responsible for a roof leak even though the leak might be 20' away, I'm sure property owners could make that correlation if they were snoopy enough.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

This was done in the basement. Right at the CO.

I have never used a vent to clean out a drain, just to retrieve dean critters that have committed suicide in a vent.
            Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
            1-920-284-7471

Comment

Working...
            X