Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating his own competition

Does this seem like a good idea to you?

Creating a franchise would probably be a better idea, IMO.

He's creating his own competition.

Edit: I'm removing a website that I posted of someone's sewer and drain cleaning business after reading what happened to a now banned former member. The point was that the company website sold a type of "Learn how to start your own sewer & drain cleaning business" for $5000.00. Included how to run cables, what cables to buy, how to charge, etc.
    Last edited by HebertDrainCare; 02-15-2009, 06:21 AM.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Re: Creating his own competition

Is that...Charlie Manson on the side of his van?
    West Trail Mechanical Ltd
    Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Originally posted by bigpipe09 View Post
      is that...charlie manson on the side of his van?

Hippie Rooter
      Last edited by HebertDrainCare; 02-10-2009, 02:36 AM.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

he's asking $5,000 for his course of literature

i guess we should start asking $10,000 to all new forum members who come here for help. i'm sure we've covered more than our share of scenarios than he ever could in his course

send your checks to ridgid. they will put it towards the next roundup

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

The last time I seen anything like that I had to shoot it out of a tree.

Comment

You could say the same thing about training an apprentice. Eventually they'll grow up and be your competition.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
              You could say the same thing about training an apprentice. Eventually they'll grow up and be your competition.

I kind of did that. Inherited an employeee with the business. As I had come to the company after him, it was just never going to happen that he would accept me as a boss no matter how much room or $ we gave him. It took some effort to not get snippy, but I chose to accept the inevitable and make what I could of it. We have a good relationship to this day, actually better than when we were working together, and pass each other jobs that we're too coverered up for. We've grown every year despite him taking some business, so that's taken some sting out.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I grew up in that area, never heard of him. I like the recession proof angle. I suppose if you want to "pimp" yourself out, you can always be working.

Comment

This guy can't be serious!

I guess we are going to start seeing this kind of stuff more and more.

I have never heard of this guy before and I used to cover that area when I was at Spartan. I knew ALL the local guys in that area code for the most part.

If he was sooo special, I am sure I would have known of him.
                  www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

I want to watch and see how he trains the beginner to clean drains without removing traps and breaking the law. I don't know about your area but legally you must be a plumber to break a trap seal. Seems he is kinda opening himself up for liability. There are a few guys that have businesses cleaning drains without cards, but the state keeps a close eye on them. I have seen the state inspector at supply houses snooping in thier vans to see what they keep?!?

Comment

This guy is banking on at least 95% failure rate. But he still makes the cash.

Comment

I thought the idea of franchising was to get a recognizable name. If nobody knows the name or the guy then the franchise is worthless. Buy a Truck and some machines and get Quickbooks.

Comment

Working...
                        X