X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You wanna what!?!?!?

So we get called to clear a 6" clay sewer of roots and debris and it took nearly 4 hrs. While we were there it started raining and getting dark.

When I gave them the bill the wife said that my price needed to be more and was insisting on paying a higher rate. (YOU WANNA WHAT???)

I explained that my prices are appropriate and I was happy that they thought we were worth it. I also said that the real value was the word of mouth that they would hopefully share around town.

Check out CJ hangin by the jetter. Having fun in the rain.
    Attached Files
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Re: You wanna what!?!?!?

Cant get any better than that. You ust have made a real good impression!

Comment

It happened to me so many times that I raised my prices.

My prices are just right, right now I think.

I'm comfortably between the $40 guy and the $220 guy for a 2" drain.

Nice jet! I have jetter envy.

That thing looks longer than the truck!
      Last edited by HebertDrainCare; 02-11-2009, 02:54 AM. Reason: too much info

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

What size van is that? It has no problems hauling around that beast of a jetter?

I love/hate when they do that. I almost want to say "oops.. I'm sorry, this is Mrs.Smiths bill. I'll be right back with yours"

I think when they are shocked by a low bill they are even more apt to spread the word of mouth.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Its a 3/4 ton with heavy axle and helper springs. It pulls it really well considering the GVWR is 5443K combined with 700 gallons of water for a grand total of 11,043k.

I have a pendulum style brake controller made for hauling liquid loads. It helps a lot. Not cheap though.

[quote=Gene Bickford;208007]What size van is that? It has no problems hauling around that beast of a jetter?

Comment

[quote=jrsaltz;208141]Its a 3/4 ton with heavy axle and helper springs. It pulls it really well considering the GVWR is 5443K combined with 700 gallons of water for a grand total of 11,043k.

I have a pendulum style brake controller made for hauling liquid loads. It helps a lot. Not cheap though.

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
            What size van is that? It has no problems hauling around that beast of a jetter?
            1104300lbs.

Kidding. I know what you meant.

Once in a blue moon you'll run into someone that thinks it should cost more. Very rare though. I tell them pay me more if you want too.

Sometimes they do! Once again....rare.

J.C.

Comment

I MEANT LBS.

THANKS JC!!!

I really need to get a dually deisel.

Comment

I've done some work for mechanics JR. Here's what they've told me:

Ford 6.0=Junk
                Ford 6.4=Ok so far but very fuel inefficient.
                Old Ford 7.3=Terrific

Dodge Cummins=Good engine from the first to it's recent evolution. Couple of weakspots I can't recall but nothing crazy. PLAGUED BY WEAKER TRANSMISSIONS.

Chevrolet Duramax=Good combo. Fuel injectors WILL give some problem at 100k or so. Replacement is $2k or better.

One mechanic said he would definitely go larger displacement gas now. He said with engine management systems & good maintenance they can go 250k. Cost less to buy, maintain, & the fuel cost equals out or is better depending on prices.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                X