X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's why we're in your neighborhood

so joey gets home and goes to open the door. there's a "door hanger" advertising $99.00 video inspections.

i guess they didn't see the current edition of the cleaner magazine sitting at the door

"that's why were in your neighborhood fixing these types of problems now.

for some piece of mind call us for a complete video inspection at $99.00 while we're still in the area"

"you need to know!

over 40% of main sewer lines fail in the first 10-30 years of a home's life causing water, property and structural damage!''

i guarantee you for $99. you get no video, no locating.

but an expensive estimate for further work

should i call them and spend the $99.00 just to prove my point

this is a national co. independently owned and operated.

so, should i, or do i already know what's in store for me

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: That's why we're in your neighborhood

I'm keeping the number for those shoemaker moments.
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I think it would be fun to see if they lie about the condition of your pipe.

After you get their estimate for unnecessary work, you can show them your extensive tool collection.

Make sure to take a pic of their reaction and post it here.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Just to play devils advocate, how do we know they're a bad company? I've met only bad roto rooters(maybe this isn't them) but I know there are good ones out there. Maybe this is one of them just trying to find new business rather than lay off their employees in these hard econimic times?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I say GO FOR IT.
          I'm even willing to pitch in $10 towards the cost just to see the show.
          Only condition is,you have to play the part of the layman home owner, and you have to tell them when they come to the door how cool you think it is that they actually have a camera that goes into pipes. So cool in fact, you'll be filming the whole thing so you can show your rich friends/family how important it is to have them camera their lines.

Or just hide a camera in the c/o area so we get the real show.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            Just to play devils advocate, how do we know they're a bad company? I've met only bad roto rooters(maybe this isn't them) but I know there are good ones out there. Maybe this is one of them just trying to find new business rather than lay off their employees in these hard econimic times?
            This could be interesting, Rick.

I say try it, let's find out.

Lenny

Comment

Rick, don't bother. I will gladly tell you what your problems are for $99
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                I say GO FOR IT.
                Only condition is,you have to play the part of the layman home owner, and you have to tell them when they come to the door how cool you think it is that they actually have a camera that goes into pipes. So cool in fact, you'll be filming the whole thing so you can show your rich friends/family how important it is to have them camera their lines.

I'll put up $10.00 with above condition, and copy of estimate.

Show us the results and PM me a mailing address for a check.

Lenny

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post

Good point Ben.
                  I'm willing to pitch in $10 just to find out. Who knows maybe (if Rick films it) the guy could teach us all something we never knew and we'll be eating crow.
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                    I say GO FOR IT.

There is only one problem with this. Perhaps it is cause you never met Rick in person. He could never sit by quietly and not tell the guy how his equipment is better and more abundant

It would be funny to see the look on the guys face. I can't watch and not laugh though.

We would both blow our cover.
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                      Rick, don't bother. I will gladly tell you what your problems are for $99
                      Is that a FLAT RATE or T and M?
                      If it is Flat rate, you may want to reconsider your true cost for materials as you'll need a LOT of them

$99 to tell him all his problems is an equivalent to a $49.99 drain cleaning.
                      What kind of scam are you running, turn the poor man into putty in your hands then "up sell"?

Comment

I bet that line of advertising gains a lot of calls, especially with those kinds of roots systems in the piping there.

Ask them if their sales go up after that ad campain, their "get in the door" special.
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

The reason I don't have a problem with the 99 inspection vs the 49 drain cleaning is that drain cleaning is unknown what the problem is and the results can be staged to get the price out of the customer. EX. the plumber go out there and crank down on his autofeed and just so the cable isn't advancing so the drain pipe must be broke therefore you need a new line $xxxxxx. I'm sure we've all seen or heard the stories how customer get ripped off.

The line inspection is different though, pictures don't lie. If the camera doesn't show anything, then it becomes the customer spent 99 for peace of mind(not a bad deal imo). However if the camera shows roots or a break, then a potential problem was solved before it became a huge issue. Of course the guy will try to sell a line replacement or drain cleaning on the spot but the customer can always refuse.

I give the analogy that the 99 inspection is like getting a tuneup for your car before a long trip. Head potential problem off before they happen.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Remember the posts of companies with similar business models that would give a customer a fake video of damaged lines?

Just feel like that if this is one of those companies where the employees benefit from upselling "needs" to customers then it could get unethical daily.

But it might be worth it to you Rick. They might see that you've installed your tankless all wrong and help you with it.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              so joey gets home and goes to open the door. there's a "door hanger" advertising $99.00 video inspections.

i guess they didn't see the current edition of the cleaner magazine sitting at the door

"that's why were in your neighborhood fixing these types of problems now.

for some piece of mind call us for a complete video inspection at $99.00 while we're still in the area"

"you need to know!

over 40% of main sewer lines fail in the first 10-30 years of a home's life causing water, property and structural damage!''

i guarantee you for $99. you get no video, no locating.

but an expensive estimate for further work

should i call them and spend the $99.00 just to prove my point

this is a national co. independently owned and operated.

so, should i, or do i already know what's in store for me

rick.
                              Go talk to your neighbors and tell them what the deal is.

Comment

Working...
                              X