Rash!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rash!

Be careful! You might have Michael Jackson Disease!!!
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Hey, dirtyhands- -did you note if the bumps of the rash were actually located where each little hair comes out of the skin? No joke here. I got a rash on both lower arms after cleaning a drain for a water fountain at work once, a visit to a dermatologist revealed that each little itchy bump was where a hair was coming out of the skin. They called it "Follicillitis" because it was where a hair follicle was. It took about two weeks of pills and creams to get rid of it. Doc says it was caused by some type of germ thing in the drain crud getting into the skin and traveling through the bloodstream. There's some nasty buggers out there just waiting for us. Thanks, David

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
        Hey, dirtyhands- -did you note if the bumps of the rash were actually located where each little hair comes out of the skin? No joke here. I got a rash on both lower arms after cleaning a drain for a water fountain at work once, a visit to a dermatologist revealed that each little itchy bump was where a hair was coming out of the skin. They called it "Follicillitis" because it was where a hair follicle was. It took about two weeks of pills and creams to get rid of it. Doc says it was caused by some type of germ thing in the drain crud getting into the skin and traveling through the bloodstream. There's some nasty buggers out there just waiting for us. Thanks, David
        Nope,Thank goodness.
        But I now know about it.

Welcome to the forum David.

Comment

Is it possible that the push cable could be fiberglass based and that's what could be irritating you as it brushed up against your arm?
          Last edited by rookie plumber; 02-15-2009, 11:46 PM.

Comment

i don't think it's a true fiberglass. it's more of a vinyl coated rod. i believe it has a kevlar core to keep it stiff, along with the 4 electrical lines.

i'm always brushing up against my push rods.

i think adam hasn't gotten his sewage cooties immunity built up yet

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I wish I had a rash right now, so I can get out of all these beater calls I got today, Crap sticks!

5 different cities, lots of miles today and lots of bad scenery (Cincinnati, the danger zone)
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Back in the early '80's a laborer and I were about to remove some fixtures in an old building in San Fran. After being told what the plan of attack was, he refused to touch any of them. Said he wasn't about to contract AIDS for the lousy wages I was paying him.

Comment

Working...
                X