Jib Cranes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jib Cranes?

I watched a guy installing signs at a pharmacy. He had a 1 ton van with a lift on the roof to reach signs.

I thought that would be nice to adapt to get drain machines on peoples roofs, and retire my ladder.

Comment

Great thread. I love any tool/machine that makes life easier!
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
        Great thread. I love any tool/machine that makes life easier!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oDh3wROO9Y

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
          Looks kinda familiar That's some nice shiny equipment you got there Lenny. $600? Is that how much they're getting for these ramps nowadays? Geez. I think I paid $415 through my supplier. That was like 7 or 8 years ago though.

Serviceguy,
          Dude!!! You been loading and unloading that thing by hand? This work is already hard enough on the body without us adding to it. Good to hear you are getting a winch--it does a body good.
          http://s672.photobucket.com/albums/v...t=MOV02083.flv

Comment

I see you dont have a cage either. We both need one.

My picture was taken Dec 2005, I started my business in Jan 2006.

I had just sanded the frame and painted it blue after it sat in my moms garage for three months. My go50 and go68 both survived sitting in up to 9 feet of salt water for the 2 weeks it took to pump the water from the city that I lived in during Katrina.

I paid a guy to refinish the motors for $80 each, sanded and painted the frame, change the electrical parts, and they were good as new using the same cables.

Three years later the blue is mostly scraped off, more of a shade of brown now.

Plus my van is now packed with a portable jetter, a ridgid plus camera, and three gorlitz machines.

I still use the two machines that flooded.
            Attached Files

Comment

Re: Jib Cranes? STEP AWAY FROM THE CHIMP!!!!

Warning to herbert drain care. That chimp will rip your face off,don't you read the news????
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Carl that looks like a fair deal. You're getting smart,that machine must be 280 lbs. ,I'm guessing
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  Warning to herbert drain care. That chimp will rip your face off,don't you read the news????
                  Gives new meaning to tenants / customers answering the door asking "Are you scared of dogs?"

This lady probably asked "Are you afraid of chimps?"

The answer I always give.

"Yes, lock him up please"

I think that if they have to ask, then they know that the dog may bite or jump, and I'm not interested in either.

"And not in the back yard, I may need to go back there!"

Comment

Three years later the blue is mostly scraped off, more of a shade of brown now.
                    Black pwoder coat would look nice.

I still use the two machines that flooded.
                    Gotta love the quality of Gorlitz. 100% made in the USA. That's one of the main reasons I use them.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a nice used 380 for ya too.

Comment

I pulled into a job yesterday and was greeted with an amazing menagerie. I wouldn't have been surprised to find a chimp or two there.

But it was birds. Chickens, lots of chickens. Big ones, little ones, all colors imaginable. Guinea hens, a peacock, geese, turkeys, all roaming around the front of my truck. I had to keep the trailer door shut to keep from taking some of them home with me. Now I'm thinking I should have gotten some pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Twicepipes View Post
                        Black pwoder coat would look nice.

Gotta love the quality of Gorlitz. 100% made in the USA. That's one of the main reasons I use them.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a nice used 380 for ya too.
                        Is that the spray on truck bed-liner stuff?

That would be cool.

I sent Gorlitz pictures of the machines "survival".

About two years after the storm, I set the go50 up in a customers kitchen, turned it on, a spark followed by a puff of smoke came out the back of the motor. I figured the nine lives were spent and bought a new motor.

The go 68 motor that I had a guy clean is still working.

Comment

Is that the spray on truck bed-liner stuff?

That would be cool.
                          No. It's the finish that your GO15 frame has. It looks just paint but tougher, kinda like epoxy paint. If you notice, it takes a lot to chip or scratch it.

Comment

My ramp is only 7 inches longer than the machine.

ramp 50" by 23"
                            machine 43" by 26" The reel is 26" wide, machine is 23" wide.

I dont know if the ridgid 750 would work on this ramp.

How wide is the 750?

A lift would be nice if I stored my gorlitz upright. It would take up less space.

I like this setup though, I roll the machine up to the rollers and 5 seconds later I'm closing the doors.
                            The 750 is 21 inches wide and 195lbs so it should work on the ramp. Using the utility body the tailgate is 12 inches higher than a van so I would need a longer ramp so its not to steep.

Comment

Gives new meaning to tenants / customers answering the door asking "Are you scared of dogs?"

This lady probably asked "Are you afraid of chimps?"

The answer I always give.

"Yes, lock him up please"

I think that if they have to ask, then they know that the dog may bite or jump, and I'm not interested in either.

"And not in the back yard, I may need to go back there!"
                              This reminds me of a time when I had a drain cleaning call and the cleanout was in the fenced front yard along with the biggest Rottweiler I'd ever seen! The lady said; here let me introduce you to Buster! Then she went into the house and left the dog outside with me. That dog was picking up 16" cinderblocks and tossing them like toys! I survived.

Comment

Mr. Hebert, I'm quite familiar with that name as I grew up near a family of Hebert's here in S. Ga. As far as Cajun, my cousin married a girl from just outside Louisiana, she says she is 100% real coon-***. All others- -there is a GMC Savannah van I've seen around town lately that has a bucket rig on top, bucket hangs off the back. It's labeled for one of those companies that contract to change light bulbs in signage and has "Sylvania" in it also. I followed it to the local Cracker Barrel one day to see how that van worked with the bucket rig. DUH, dumb me, outriggers stored inside, and underneath, out of sight. Damn neat trick. The outriggers extend, then the right cylinder inside pushes the right outrigger down, hinged at the left, and vice-versa. The front has stabilizers such as a motorhome does. Push the buttons, everything does it's thing. He climbed up the ladder on the back, got into the bucket and went completely 90 degrees to the truck to show me it was stable, but he tries to work from the back of the truck. All he does is go around changing light bulbs in about ten (10) counties. Not bad, home by 5 or 6 even. I'll bet a van like this could be used to transfer a heavy drain cleaner from the ground into the van or ground to the roof, if affordable. Thanks, David

Comment

Working...
                                X