X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jib Cranes?

I am getting tired of lifting my hugeazz K-7500 in and out of the van by hand!!! My back is going to fall apart soon if I keep it up. I was looking for a van jib-crane and I can only find one model on the net.
    (this one) ...is DC-battery powered. It looks pretty nice. Anyone know of any other models? What do you use to move heavy drain equipment in and out of your van/truck?
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Re: Jib Cranes?

it's about time you got tired of lifting it.

the one i use for my jetter is a harbor freight model. $119.00 i swapped the manual winch with a 12 volt winch and just push a button, up or down. it has a telescoping arm that har 4 positions and a hydraulic bottle jack to adjust the angle of the lift.

presently i have 4 of them. 1 still in the box for my new truck. 1 for my present truck and 2 from old trucks. get the delux model that has the winch and the taller base. not the short unit with no winch.

you can thank me when you install it. make sure you properly bolt it to the floor and to straddle the frame.

i even lift my 75 gallon heaters into my truck with it.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick,It's kind of you to share your knowledge.
      Last edited by drtyhands; 02-17-2009, 12:43 AM.

Comment

This one folds into the bumper.http://www.westernmule.com/products.htm

Comment

Those look nice too. But I like the one I originally posted, screw it, I ordered it!! My back will thank me.
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I see you ordered it already, but I would have recommended this ramp and winch from gorlitz for $609 before S+H

It has rollers to pull the machine up nice and snug. Don't know what dimensions your working with, but this is made for the GO68 which is 26 inches wide, 43 inches long

pictures attached
            Attached Files

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Western Mule also has the in van stuff.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Look at http://www.spitzlift.com we have their crane mounted in the back of our utility body. I mainly use it to take our Ridgid 750 in and out. It takes up a lot less room than a set of ramps. Its the hand crank model but with no effort have loaded and unload a chevy small block motor.
                Last edited by HighlandS&D; 02-17-2009, 11:49 AM.

Comment

http://www.spitzlift.net/ guessing this is the URL that was wanted,
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                    I see you ordered it already, but I would have recommended this ramp and winch from gorlitz for $609 before S+H

It has rollers to pull the machine up nice and snug. Don't know what dimensions your working with, but this is made for the GO68 which is 26 inches wide, 43 inches long

pictures attached

Lenny,
                    I'm not sure if that third pic is of you van or not, but if it is you should consider installing a bulkhead ASAP.
                    A drain cleaner was killed, a few years back, here, because he didn't have one. He went off the road during a snow storm and came to a stop with out hitting anything but snow, but the sudden stop sent all his equipment to the front of his van and crushed his skull, killing him instantly.

If he'd had a bulk head,the worst part of the accident would have been walking 25' back to the road in knee deep snow and waiting for a wrecker to pull his van back onto the road so he could be on his way to the next job.
                    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                      Lenny,
                      I'm not sure if that third pic is of you van or not, but if it is you should consider installing a bulkhead ASAP.
                      A drain cleaner was killed, a few years back, here, because he didn't have one. He went off the road during a snow storm and came to a stop with out hitting anything but snow, but the sudden stop sent all his equipment to the front of his van and crushed his skull, killing him instantly.

If he'd had a bulk head,the worst part of the accident would have been walking 25' back to the road in knee deep snow and waiting for a wrecker to pull his van back onto the road so he could be on his way to the next job.
                      Thanks, I know, The guy I used to work for hit a pole once and his small machine that was in back of the van ended up in his passenger seat. He got lucky and out uninjured.

It's one of those things I've been meaning to do but just haven't yet. I bought a newer van (new to me) recently that has a full cage. I just need to get my logo on it and move in. This old van is still ticking though.

Hopefully I'll get it done before I kill myself.

Lenny

Comment

i have the same one in my chevy muv stahl van, purchased it from ww grainger two years ago to lift my tool cart in and out. I ran a wire up to the battery and put a 30 amp big type fuse in it.works great. made in indiana by vestil
                        Last edited by goob; 02-17-2009, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Been using this model for years, $229.00 and what's great about it?

It gets people's attention wondering WTF it is, which is pretty cool given that if it's being noticed, so's your truck.

That hitch works universally for loading heavy stuff into your truck, along with being able to pinch a water heater in the box new or an old one to get rid off. Pinching the box allows me to get a heater to and fro without damaging it and getting rid of the old one a breeze.

Had no clue what this thread was about until I clicked on it.

Here's what I did on mine, logo'd it to get people's attention

Click image for larger version

Name:	42ebc7bcedc95dc3fedb034df8a83fec.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	5820

Under $300, and the only reason why I had to get a second one is because I had a short in the wire to the battery, and fried the electric winch motor. Plus I towed my big truck by hooking to the lift and bent it....so 3 clams wasn't a huge loss.

I have a hyrdraulic lift cart that I throw the hitch-lift on in just a few minutes if I need it off the truck.

Being that you're in a van, you'd have to really watch how you approach one's driveway, otherwise you'll be grinding the linkage.
                          Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 02-17-2009, 08:51 PM.
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

DUNBAR - That would have been perfect when I worked out of a truck.

Lenny

Comment

Originally posted by HighlandS&D View Post
                              Look at http://www.spitzlift.com we have their crane mounted in the back of our utility body. I mainly use it to take our Ridgid 750 in and out. It takes up a lot less room than a set of ramps. Its the hand crank model but with no effort have loaded and unload a chevy small block motor.
                              My ramp is only 7 inches longer than the machine.

ramp 50" by 23"
                              machine 43" by 26" The reel is 26" wide, machine is 23" wide.

I dont know if the ridgid 750 would work on this ramp.

How wide is the 750?

A lift would be nice if I stored my gorlitz upright. It would take up less space.

I like this setup though, I roll the machine up to the rollers and 5 seconds later I'm closing the doors.

Lenny

Comment

Working...
                              X