Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is the BEST plunger

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    I prefer the Power Plunger 520 by Continental Manufacturing.

Mark
    How do I contact the maker? Trying to find where to buy local.
    Kenneth Collier
    Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
    Jackson, MS 39206
    (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
    drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

I just want to know where to get that laser site for my plunger, come on Vince, tell us!
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I use plungers, but rarely on toilets. Mostly I use them on kitchen sinks, floor drains, etc. Often after cabling out a greasy kitchen drain, I'll fill the sinks and let her rip. If the grease blocks up again, a few stiff pulls with the plunger will knock the cabled up grease out. WOOSH! Plungers are great sometimes. But as far as for toilets? I can't remember the last time I used a plunger on a toilet! I always use an auger. However, that spherical plunger rick uses looks pretty nice and I think I'll buy one and try it on some toilets. Traditional shaped plungers don't seal on most toilets, which is why I only use them on sinks and stuff. If the "grapefruit" shaped plunger seals better I may start using it on toilets! Its never to late to learn, or try something new.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Thank Mrs seat up for this info Sears.com Best deal, Smart lady, cute to boot
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            Dunbar,E Z BIG BOY ! We ain't gonna force Ya to use one! I hardly do any drain work at all.
            Over the years I've read of Ricks success with this STOOL TOOL and want the best.
            Notice the handle " TOOLAHOLIC " I love collecting tools . I admit this,but it sure is nice having them all. I'll keep one of these with the drain machines and the other in My home.
            I have enough confidence in My self, that I'm not threatened what any man has to say about My new shiny 520

I understand, but since I charge nearly 3 figures per hour, it comes down to doing X work for XXX amount of money, leaving the customer with a degree of satisfaction that the task at hand took special equipment which guarantees that there is hardly anything in that line left behind.

I'd rather fall down a set of steps with my med alert bracelet still on the nightstand than to insult my customers, not specifically knowing if I just rolled a pile of dung and toilet paper over enough to get the water to flow...setting them up for the next clog.

Tool, you'd be pissed if I came over and used your plunger, charged $129.00 and be on my way. You'd feel better about the transaction if I came in with a Closet Auger, did numerous flushes and asked questions to make sure we got it done right.

Many ways to solidify a long lasting, working relationship with your customers and I believe that's why they made equipment that uses what we already use already, drain cables.

I've been sworn to secrecy on what I found out today. Winks to the fellow who told me eh,uh err, the birdie on the shoulder had to say.

Next week is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait.

Right Josh?!
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

As usual , You make Your case well. Please start taking better care of Yourself please!

Wouldn't be the same here without You ! The Old Man
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I was working in an apartment today and noticed the basin drain was plugged. This is your basic cheapo plastic top and a cabinet with the door hanging off it by one hinge. No stopper. I'll talk to the manager about the lack of a p-trap later.

So, out comes Mr. Plunger. A little back and forth, and I see some hair. (Yes, I'm wearing gloves!) I grab it and pull out about two feet of black, coarse hair. Sink drains great. You don't wanna stand too close to it or it will suck you down, too.

I've already got two drain cleans in another apartment in the same slumlord complex to charge for. I didn't want to push it. This one just got a new toilet because the tenant ripped the tank of the previous one. And it needs a new water heater, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                  I was working in an apartment today and noticed the basin drain was plugged. This is your basic cheapo plastic top and a cabinet with the door hanging off it by one hinge. No stopper. I'll talk to the manager about the lack of a p-trap later.

So, out comes Mr. Plunger. A little back and forth, and I see some hair. (Yes, I'm wearing gloves!) I grab it and pull out about two feet of black, coarse hair. Sink drains great. You don't wanna stand too close to it or it will suck you down, too.

I've already got two drain cleans in another apartment in the same slumlord complex to charge for. I didn't want to push it. This one just got a new toilet because the tenant ripped the tank of the previous one. And it needs a new water heater, too.
                  Shoulda got your 1500 and run out to da street. SHAME ON YA DUDE!!!

Comment

Why I started this thread a long time ago. This woman has a mentally challenged 14 Year old son that hardly ever leaves their home. He also has other problems. He blocks their Toto with huge amounts of unused T.P. His room is next to His bathroom. I couldn't help notice
                    His floor was covered with hundreds of sheets of unused t.,P. Yesterday He returned home with Mom holding an opened roll of T.P. He has an obsession with this and constantly blocks up the toilet. I told Mom I'll buy Her a closet Auger and power plunger ,and teach Her how to use it. She will pay only for the tools. I am soo blessed in life , My heart goes out to this great family. Again thanks for the power plunger Mark

Comment

Yesterday I used the closet auger ona toilet and it did not work I ran from the clean out nothing. I ran down from the vent nada. Just as I was going to pull the toilet I decided to try plunging. Push pull push pull and woosh! I guess it was something in the closet bend Just out of reach of the auger but out of the main so the big snake wouldn't get to it.

All hail the plunger!

Comment

Cleaning out the office today and what do I see in the trash but the "Rick Special". I take it home(yes I'm a dumpster diver) and like it much better then my old type. Mine was made by Kirkhill but looks the same as to what Mark posted. http://www.rubbersales.com/Cat.asp?d...index=PLUNGERS part-C-17A

online sale http://www.restockit.com/Wood-Handle...F1&Bvar7=100F1
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

no, you can't use a plunger it's not professional

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            no, you can't use a plunger it's not professional

rick.
                            Funny, some folks are afraid of loosing face with a plunger , others are secure enough to laugh at life.

Comment

This is a funny thread.

I will say though, the stick end of my plunger has unjammed many a disposer. The working end likewise has dislodged plenty of food stoppages packed in the elbow saving me from having to disassemble questionable tubular brass.
                              Last edited by Twicepipes; 08-01-2009, 07:32 PM.

Comment

OK what's Your best technique with the plunger on a blocked toilet? I've heard Rick speak
                                of one He uses, but hasn't shared , I believe

Comment

Working...
                                X