X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sink machines

I THINK I KNOW WHERE THIS WILL END UP, ALAS HERE GOES. i AHVE USED GENERAL DRAIN MACHINES FOR SOME TIME, AND IT SEEMS THAT THE NEWER THE MACHINE THE JUNKIER THEY GET. FOR EXAMPLE, WE JUST BOUGHT A NEW MINI ROOTER XP, LESS THAN ONE MONTH IN WE HAVE BROKE A CABLE(THAT ONE COULD BE MY FAULT),ROLLERS ON SELF FEED WENT TO POT, AND LST NIGHT AFTER HAULING THE DA#N THING UP A LADDER THERE IS A DEAD SHORT IN THE MOTOR WINDING.ANY OF YALL HAVING THIS KIND OF LUCK,AND WHAT ARE YALL RUNNING WITHA 1/2" CABLE. THANKS MEN IN ADVANCE.

Re: Sink machines

Welcome to 2009.

Everything is built cheaper NOT better. Yet the price to us remains the same, if not rising.

At this rate by 2019 everything will be made for one time use only.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Sorry to keep beating this drum but Gorlitz machines have been the same high quality since I started using them in 1995.

Check out what I posted about how my machines survived hurricane Katrina (with pics)
      http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...3&postcount=20

I use ridgid tools, seesnake , pipe wrenches, wetvacs, threading tools, etc, but I have no experience with ridgid sewer machines to be able to comment.

Ask Plumber Rick about Ridgid sewer machine quality.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

my very first drum machine was a general mini rooter with 3/8'' x 75'. still own it along with a second drum of 1/2'' x 75'.

it was great for roof jobs as the drum would come apart from the rest and i could lift it to a roof and assemble it myself.

then i discovered the k-60

the general has been retired and sits on the shelf ever since

the general mini is comprable to the ridgid 380/ 400. it's a small size machine good for 1.5'', 2'' and with 1/2'' cable 3'' soft stoppages. not a root machine.

the k-60 is good for 1.5''- 6'' soft to roots and weighs 1/3 of a general or 400.

i have more machines retired due to the k-60

i should call it the undertaker

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

The problem I had with general was in the small parts like screws and pins, The head come off my toilette auger and I had to take the stool off to get it out. I put the head back on with a roll pin from the hardware store and it has stayed on ok. The head would always come off on the 5/8" cable in the drum machine and the cable would brake. I switched to the 3/4" and it is ok. That is what separates the good from the bad, the attention paid to the small things.

Comment

Working...
          X