Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Equipment Auction

Originally posted by AFM View Post
    I like your web site but can you explain to me what bonded means in your resume on it, as I thought slavery was abolished in 1865 in the U.S.

Tony
    thanks its still in the works though.
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
      I like your web site but can you explain to me what bonded means in your resume on it, as I thought slavery was abolished in 1865 in the U.S.

Tony
      Slavery was only abolished in the south in 1865. the northern states got to keep there slaves till about 1878. Lincoln's emancipation proclamation only applied to the southern states that had left the union.

Comment

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
        Slavery was only abolished in the south in 1865. the northern states got to keep there slaves till about 1878. Lincoln's emancipation proclamation only applied to the southern states that had left the union.
        Gt,
        do you have any references for that info?
        I'm not trying to call you out or anything, it's just that I have never heard that before and think it's quite interesting (I've always assumed when slavery was abolished it was abolished for all). I'd like to learn more
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

All slaves were freed with the signing of the 13th Amendment which was in 1865. However, even before that many of the Northern States had outlawed slavery. A little known fact was there were black slave owners and there were white slave although both were very limited. It was an ugly time in our history but we need to move on.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
            Rithie Brothers has some pretty good auctions as do alex lyons and sons both nationwide auction houses
            Nation Wide stole a 12" back hoe bucket from the Hoe I bought. This was Benecia Ca.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
              It depends.......
              You're fast Brother AHHHHH. How bout THOSE SHARKS AHHHHHH
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

That sux!! We bought a bucket for the 312 came from san diego off ebay, 36" Cat bucket heavy duty cost us 450 for the bucket and 600 to ship across the country, alone the bucket was worth 1800! keep your eyes open there will be A LOT of good buys soon, alot of contractors getting rid of their equipment that isnt making them money everyday. Thank god all my fathers iron is paid for or else things would be much harder for him right now!

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  You're fast Brother AHHHHH. How bout THOSE SHARKS AHHHHHH
                  Those sharks aren't as sharp as you....
                  I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                    Gt,
                    do you have any references for that info?
                    I'm not trying to call you out or anything, it's just that I have never heard that before and think it's quite interesting (I've always assumed when slavery was abolished it was abolished for all). I'd like to learn more
                    I thought they were all freed in 1865 too till a black history teacher give me quiet a lesson. search for info on the proclamation and who was subject to it then look up northern laws concerning slavery. The war was started over Taxes the proclamation was read to keep the English and french from helping the Confederates Lincoln keep it in his pocket because they were afraid it would have a bad effect on the war effort. I don't want to say anymore about it here this isn't the place for it. I will just say the history books are wrote by who ever wins. forget them and look for reprints of the books of the time and laws.

Comment

Working...
                    X