X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment Auction

I was going through one of my cleaner magazines day dreaming over some euipment and it got me thinking. I know alot of companies are hurting right now. it seems like if a guy had some money it would be a good time to pick up some equipment. (if a guy had some money) So where do you guys look for equipment? or is anybody?
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Re: Equipment Auction

Originally posted by haycad View Post
    I was going through one of my cleaner magazines day dreaming over some euipment and it got me thinking. I know alot of companies are hurting right now. it seems like if a guy had some money it would be a good time to pick up some equipment. (if a guy had some money) So where do you guys look for equipment? or is anybody?
    I use to look for auctions where they were liquidating equipment. We use to have a large tool wholesaler in Los Angeles during the late 80s (Kaner Supply) who went out of business. Six months later I saw an ad for an auction there. I thought I found a mountain of gold when I found a pallet rack full of Ridgid stuff. I figured I could get it for around $500-$750. All of a sudden another guy started bidding against me and I ended up paying $1,700. As it turns out there were a bunch of parts to fix Ridgid pipe machines and that is what he did (Enis Services). I made a deal to deliver all of the repair parts to him for $500 if he would rebuild a Collins 22A and two Ridgid 300 power vises. What I had left was two full-size pickup trucks stacked to the top of the cabs (and dragging bumpers) with Ridgid cables. I sold about half of the cables to JM McKinney for $2,100 and kept the other half for my shop.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I've been to a dozen or so Heavy equept. auctions. I ended up with a nice back Hoe at a good price. Be very careful,It's ez to get bidders fever and pay too much. Do Your home work 1st. and know the current value of equept. I wasn't planning on this and bid on land in Nevada[ U.S. Marshal's sale ] Stopped at $8000,went for $10,000. Was a great deal at $10,000.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
        I like your web site but can you explain to me what bonded means in your resume on it, as I thought slavery was abolished in 1865 in the U.S.

Tony

Comment

bonded... it is like insurance, but a little different...usually involved in 'failure to complete' clauses.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

picked up:
            kubota generator 500
            snap on tool box 850
            cat 312b excavator 53,000 (2 years old and only 900 hrs.)
            most of my larger plumbing tools, lot went for 5k, including a general 68, oster rodding machine, collins 22a, marco mainline machine (drum), half a dozen r-65's, r-200, r-700, pipe wrenches 6" to 60", many other goodies, like tool said know what the products you are interested are worth, there are many many good delas out there.

Comment

By the time something goes to auction around here, it has so much duct tape holding it together, you can't tell if your bidding on a Cat 416 or a hand shovel
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

there was a time i use to go to auctions. i still get 2 flyers a week from different auction houses.

my biggest disaponintment was a lot of tyvex overalls. 4 cases of them.

the 1 case open and on display was what i was looking at. the other 3 cases that i won turned out to be tyvex disposable underwear

i guess when you do asbestos abatement, you strip down to your birthday suit

anyone in need of a years supply of disposable underwear

make sure to properly inspect the items prior to the real auction.

plus there are real pros that are liquidators that you're bidding against. not the average joe looking for a deal.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  i guess when you do asbestos abatement, you strip down to your birthday suit YEP. When I was doing Asbestos I went about 126lbs before going into containment, and about 122lbs on my way out. I (nor any others) did't bother with the disposables as they were like walking around with a wet diaper that didn't fit

You didn't send those to Dunbar for his Birthday?rick.
                  Sorry Dunbar, I had to do it.
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    there was a time i use to go to auctions. i still get 2 flyers a week from different auction houses.

my biggest disaponintment was a lot of tyvex overalls. 4 cases of them.

the 1 case open and on display was what i was looking at. the other 3 cases that i won turned out to be tyvex disposable underwear

i guess when you do asbestos abatement, you strip down to your birthday suit

make sure to properly inspect the items prior to the real auction.

plus there are real pros that are liquidators that you're bidding against. not the average joe looking for a deal.

rick.
                    Will these fit over My DEPENDS ?
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Better idea, bring em to ohio we can do a ridgid calendar

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        Better idea, bring em to ohio we can do a ridgid calendar
                        We who?

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

E Z GUY, I'm only kidding

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                            By the time something goes to auction around here, it has so much duct tape holding it together, you can't tell if your bidding on a Cat 416 or a hand shovel
                            Rithie Brothers has some pretty good auctions as do alex lyons and sons both nationwide auction houses

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                              Will these fit over My DEPENDS ?
                              It depends.......
                              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Working...
                              X