Is the K-39AF worth it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is the K-39AF worth it?

I have just over 1 year from my K39AF.I have blown out one trap(nice full lav,errrr)
    And it has paid for itself LOTS!Still on my first cable.Call that luck!

Comment

I am confused... Why not just disassemble a lav trap and clean it out?
      Tubs I get... they are normally inaccessible.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
        I am confused... Why not just disassemble a lav trap and clean it out?
        Tubs I get... they are normally inaccessible.
        I agree, a snake is not going to remove any tooth brushes or collection of toothpaste caps.

Comment

Every one? Yes some you tear down and remove the garbage but most have the pop up intact and that stuff doesn't make it down.

Comment

[quote=Cuda;211792]
            Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
            I'm a bit dissapointed in my 39AF

She has been busy for the last year... I managed to dork up 2 cables this year ( The AF makes it easy to do if not careful)

Now all she does is spin at about 1/4 of the normal RPM and has lost all torque

I'm lost without her and may have to break down and buy another but I hate to think that I will only get 1 year of general use out of a tool of this nature...

Signed....

Do you use 1/4" or 5/16" cable? I keep both but prefer the larger cable.

Spins slow? did you twist the variable speed switch in? They do go bad easy fix just the switch. I also wd40 the slide a lot to keep it smooth and clean.

I spin both the 1/4" and 5/16" I stick to the 1/4" mostly though. The 5/16" is VERY flimsy IMO so it is not worth the added size and reduced length.

I think the motor on the K39 is just a bit undersized, Work a drain for about 10 minutes and feel /smell the motor housing you will see what I mean.

Okie

Comment

I don't beat my k39af very hard, hair soft stopage etc. Anything more it isn't worth wasting the cable I break out the k-60 with small cable and get to work.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
              X